[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 10/07/2023 - 16/07/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Jul 7 15:31:36 SAST 2023

        What’s Happening: 10/07/2023 - 16/07/2023
We would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to Trudie Fortuin (#205) on 10th July .We hope you have a blessed Birthday.
What’s Cooking:  Please see attached next week’s menu.  There is a daily soup special for our residents during the cold winter months. We have introduced a full day breakfast (not served between 12h00 – 13h00) and last food orders for Bistro must be in before 4pm during the week. There is only one lunch option is available on Saturdays. The Bistro is open until 5pm on weekdays and until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.
Activities coming up this week:

  *   A Wellness Massage (30min/45min or 60min) will be offered by Cecile on Monday, 10th July in the Sun lounge from 09h30. Her rates are on the notice board and bookings can be made with Sethu at Reception on Ext 1400
  *   Aqua-Aerobics will take place on Wednesday, 12th July from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
  *   A “Flower Arrangement” workshop will be hosted by florist, Caryn McCarthy on Thursday, 13 July in the Bistro at 2pm. Come and join us to learn how to brighten your home with colour and flowers with a few simply tips and hints.
  *   Fellowship Group will be in the recreation room, Thursday 13th July at 10h30 contact Mrs De Villiers Ext: 1504
  *   Tea & Cake Thursday - Special R25.00 at 3pm every Thursday.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Friday, 14th July from 11am – 12-noon.
  *   We will be celebrating Bastille Day and have asked Fedics to provide an all-day special treat on Pancakes for R20.00 , eat in or take away. Three pancakes will be served with lemon, cinnamon and sugar.
  *   Saturday Braai – Residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro.
  *   Join us for lunch on Sunday, 16 July and stay to watch the Wimbledon Men’s Final in the Bistro from 12h30 – 15h00 . Scones, Strawberry Jam, Cream and Tea will be served in the afternoon at R25.00 per serving.
Forthcoming Events:

  *   Mandela Day falls on Tuesday, 18th July. In addition to our ongoing Nappy Drive, we request that residents donate a pre-loved jersey, scarf of pair of gloves or a knee blanket to Douglas Murray Home which will be delivered to them on the day. A box will be placed in reception.
  *   Bingo Night hosted by Margaret Hull (Ext 1716) on Wednesday, 19th July at 7pm. Entry fee R50 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
  *   Xmas in July will be held on Friday, 21st July at 12h30. Details to follow but diarise this lunch. It promises to be fun.
  *   Alida’s pop-up shop and Wol aan die Rol will set up in the Recreation lounge on Monday 24th July between 09h00 – 13h00
  *   Coloring-In Mandalas – Join us for a calm creative afternoon in the Bistro on Tuesday 25th July at 2pm -. Mandalas, Crayons and Koki’s will be supplied but if you have your own, please bring them along. Please book your seat with reception on Ext 1400
  *   Smorgasbord General Knowledge Quiz – will take place in the Recreation Lounge on Wednesday, 26th July at 6pm. Soup & Rolls will be available. Please book your seat and meal.
  *   Auctioneer – will be here on Thursday, 27th July and will be set up in the Bistro from 10h0. Bring your valuable goodies down for a valuation or for cash if you wish to sell.
  *   The resident beautician will be back for Spa Treatments in the Sky Lounge on Thursday, 27th July at 09h30. Please book your individual appointment for your treatment directly with the beautician,  Lelhaam, on 0823967573. Or with Reception Ext: 1400
  *   “Let’s Talk” – Our Conversation Project on Monday, 31st July will take place in the Recreation Lounge at 2pm. Carol Scrooby from the Soul Carers Network who will inform our residents about what Doulas offer while holding space for the person who is ill, their spouses, partners and their families. Soul Carers help to transform the personal and collective experiences of dying for those facing the end of life so that they may experience a tender, peaceful and conscious death. All Welcome. Tea and Biscuits will be served.
  *   Wine Tasting – we have managed to secure a wine tasting of different estates. Please book with Reception.
General:

  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 25th July. Cost is R40 per trip and will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings the day before, we will cancel the trip.
  *   Refuse Collection: We appeal to ALL residents to put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and before 8am on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   Please only put your soft waste from the weekend out on Monday morning before 8am to avoid flies and maggots in the bin room. Please call reception for the utility workers to collect bag from your unit if the bins have already been taken away.
  *   We would like to request that residents donate pre-loved scarves, jerseys, sock or gloves to the Douglas Murray home for the aged. We are running this alongside the Nappy Drive on Mandela Day, 18th July. Please place items of clothing in box provided  by 10am on Monday, 17th July. Clothes will be delivered to DMH on Mandela Day. Thank you in advance for your generous spirit.
  *   It would seem that Eskom is load shedding again on Saturday and Sunday.
We trust you will enjoy the Rugby Championship game on Saturday, 8th July between South Africa and Australia at 5pm. It’s going to rain the whole weekend so I encourage you to keep warm. Have a blessed weekend.
Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.