[Zsd-news] ZSD-News: ZSD is Moving!

Ian Forbes iforbes at zsd.co.za
Tue Oct 24 12:08:14 SAST 2006

Hi All

ZSD IS MOVING

After nearly 10 years of operation from our current offices, ZSD is
moving. We have run out of lease and we have out-grown our offices.
After looking around for a while we have finally negotiated a lease for
new premises.

We will be moving to "Clareview Business Park", just a few hundred
meters up Lansdowne Rd from our current office. This is important as it
will enable us to retain our phone numbers for office, fax and
Capetonian Internet dial-up service. The new office is larger, smarter
and has better security. The complex houses some other IT companies and
it has a large automatic standby diesel generator which will help with
our backup power logistics.

Unfortunately Telkom is unable to move our office phone lines after
hours. This leaves us with no alternative but to close our offices and
support desk for a day during the move. In order to simplify things we
have elected to move our data lines after the close of business on that
same day. The program thus is as follows:

Date of move:	Friday, 10 November, 2006

8h30 to 17h00:	ZSD Offices and Support Desk will be closed

17h30 to 20h00:	ZSD's mail server and web hosting will be off line.

8h30 to 20h00:	ZSD's "Capetonian" and "Postman" (e-mail only) dial-up
services will be off line.

However ADSL connectivity, "Roadrunner", "Platinum" and "ISDN" dial-up
accounts will not be effected. While incoming mail may be delayed, mail
should not get lost or "bounced" during the downtime.

I realize that this will result in some inconvenience for our users, but
it is literally a once in a decade occurrence and your co-operation will
be appreciated.

If you need to visit us, please phone for an appointment first and we
will give you directions to the new premises.

We will send out another reminder closer to the time of our move.

Regards

Ian Forbes