[Zsd-news] Mailserver Line Upgrade

Ian Forbes iforbes at zsd.co.za
Wed Oct 11 16:48:23 SAST 2006

Hi All

Some of you may have noticed problems downloading e-mail from our POP3
server on Monday of this week. We experienced problems due to congestion
on the connection to our mail server.

We anticipated this a number of weeks ago and placed an order with
Telkom for an upgrade to the line. We have been waiting anxiously for
the upgrade to be installed.

We have now managed to negotiate with Telkom an installation time for
the upgrade. This will take place:

Tomorrow, Thursday 11 October, at 17h30 PM.

Our mail server (and some other services) will go off-line during the
upgrade. We have been advised that it should not take longer than one
hour. But we will do everything we can to limit the downtime, with luck
it could be as short as 10 minutes.

While the time is after normal business hours and before most home users
get on line for the evening, I know that it is not totally convenient.
However we are keen to get the upgrade in place as soon as possible.

Regards

Ian Forbes