[Evergreen Muizenberg] Muizenberg Residents General Meeting Monday 25 April at 3 p.m.

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Tue Apr 19 13:37:23 SAST 2022

        Dear Resident

Further to my mail last Thursday please find below and attached.

  *   letter to residents from your Residents Committee
  *   questionnaire for residents to complete so that Rescom are able to get an idea of the village

residents 'level of service' needs, specifically pertaining to Healthcare and catering.

  *   copy of budget income statement 2022/3
  *   budget assumption notes related to the budget 2022/3.

Please also take note of the Residents General Meeting that will be taking place on Monday 25th April at 3 pm

in the Life Style Centre.

Regards

Derek
Dear fellow residents

Following meetings with Evergreen MD Garry Reed at Mancom and a Budget meeting held on Monday 11th April

followed by a Residents Committee meeting on Tuesday, we pass on to you the proposals presented to us.

Our village has been running at a deficit since inception and management has decided the time has come to

tackle this "thorny" issue. There is no intention of recovering the historical deficit, but we need to work towards a balanced

budget in the future.

We have been asked to agree to change the annual levy cycle from a cycle beginning on the 1st September and

ending 31st August to a cycle beginning on the 1st March and ending on the end of Feb of every year. This will require

a change to our Life Right Agreements, either individually signed or a resolution at our AGM. This would bring it into

line with the financial year. There would be no levy increase in September this year which would be delayed to

1st March 2023.

Their budget assumptions & methodology and budget are set out in the attached documents.

This would require us to meet the cost of the catering and clinic services we have available to us currently.

The cost of these services could be moderated by the adjustment of the level or duration of these services as decided

by us the residents. The details will need to be worked out.

It is important to note that none of the Evergreen Lifestyle Villages staff, from highest to lowest, has had an increase for

the last three years.

To facilitate an open discussion to be able to present a unified and combined response to the proposals we plan to hold

a Residents General Meeting on Monday 25th April at 3pm which you are all encouraged to attend.

The AGM is planned for the end of May (with no date set as yet) in order for all decisions to be ratified.

To help establish an acceptable level of service will you please fill in the questionnaire attached or below and return it by

email to any of the Rescom members or to Kim at the office, or on paper to reception. Copies will be available at reception.

Copies of the monthly management accounts are available on request.

Regards

Evergreen Muizenberg Residents Committee

Neville Woudberg, Denise Elkin, Hugh Till, Michael Odd, Pat Swilling, Ray van Eyssen

[cid:image001.png at 01D853ED.52EB3350]

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.