[Evergreen Muizenberg] Good-bye 2019, Hallo 2020

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Tue Dec 31 16:48:56 SAST 2019

        Dear Resident,

All there is to say on the last day of 2019 is, "wish me luck as I wave you good-bye, cheerio, here I go, on my way". Not only is it the end of a year but also a decade.
It has been quite a year for some of us but as is often said, "out with the old, in with the new" and we can look to 20plenty with renewed optimism.

Here is wishing you all a fantastic 2020, with all the health, wealth and happiness you wish yourselves. Tonight you can join your fellow residents in Welcoming 2020 at the New Year's Eve Bash featuring DJ "Captain John Morgan", who promises to stay awake until midnight, playing all your favourites from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. It promises to be a lovely evening.

Came across an interesting article titled "20 Brutal Truths About Life No One Wants to Admit", and would like to share some with you, both humorous and serious.

1. You're going to die and you have no idea when.

  *   Stop pretending that you're invincible. Acknowledge the fact of your own mortality, and then start structuring your life in a more meaningful way.

2. Your material wealth won't make you a better or happier person.

  *   Even if you're one of the lucky ones who achieves his or her materialistic dreams, money only amplifies that which was already present.

3. Your obsession with finding happiness is what prevents its attainment.

  *   Happiness is always present in your life, it's just a matter of connecting to it and allowing it to flow through you that's challenging.

4. Donating money does less than donating time.

  *   Giving your time is a way to change your perception and create a memory for yourself and others that will last forever.

5. You can't make everyone happy, and if you try, you'll lose yourself.

  *   Stop trying to please, and start respecting your values, principles, and autonomy.

I will share the others during the year, 20plenty.

We would like to wish the following residents a Happy Birthday:

8

Phillis Petrick

H89

8

Claire Malan

H108

9

Nigel Myles

H27

11

Martin Petrick

H89

13

Barbara De Vries

H65

14

Felicity Menzies

A321

14

Eugen Kretschmer

H70

Bistro:

Bookings can be made with at the Bistro on Ext 2253.
Payment can be made on account, cash or credit card. You are also very welcome to bring your own alcoholic refreshments.
A reminder about our Bistro hours, open 7 days a week from 8am to 5pm.
Last orders during the week are at 4.45 pm and weekends at 4.30

Coming up this week and next :- ( Please find attached activity calendar for January 2020 for easy reference )

  *   We have an exciting selection of movies chosen by Hydle for the month of January. On Wednesday 1 January we start the year with the incomparable Planet Earth II - A new world revealed, we will be showing episodes 1 - 3.  The series is presented and narrated by Sir David Attenborough<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough> with the main theme music composed by Hans Zimmer<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Zimmer>. The three episodes cover the worlds more interesting Islands, Mountains and Jungles. Spectacular. On Sunday 12th  we again feature an absolute classic, The Sound of Music, starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, that has become the most popular family film of all time. Music by Rodger and Hammerstein, every song a classic.
  *   Join Keith on the Keyboard on Tuesday 7th, in the life style centre near the large TV. Keith will play all the favourites, this will be followed by our usual Pub Evening. A great opportunity to meet an eclectic bunch of residents, just bring your own bottle.
Forthcoming events :-

  *   On Tuesday 14th at 10.30 a.m. in our continued effort to inform and prevent we have a talk by the Melomed Group of Hospitals on the prevention of hypotension, strokes and cardio vascular accidents. It should be a very insightful talk that we can all benefit from.

  *   Our outing this months is to the uber interesting West Coast Fossil Park which will be on Saturday 18th , leaving from the village at 9 a.m. The fossil sites of Langebaanweg have exceptionally well-preserved remains of fossil fauna that date to circa 5.2 million years ago. In this period sea levels were higher and many now extinct animals lived in the riverine forests, wooded savanna<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savanna> and along the sea coast near the present day Langebaanweg site. Phosphate<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorites> mining operations at Langebaanweg uncovered these rich fossil deposits. The fossils include bones of over 200 different animal species. This represents possibly the greatest diversity of five-million-year-old fossils found anywhere in the world. The fossil park was formed after mining operations ceased in 1993. This should be a great outing, book at reception as we have limited seating. Price R130.00 per person for the transport.
  *   On Tuesday 21st join the Evergreen Striders for their monthly walk. This time they are meeting at Uppercrust Restaurant at 9 a.m. You will walk as a group along the beach towards Strandfontein. Will finish with a refreshment at the Uppercrust. ANOTHER great initiative organised by Suzie Kietzman and Leslie de Wet. I encourage all those who can to join, walking has amazing benefits, never mind the smell on the sea and freshly disturbed sea sand, but spending time with friends. Please let reception know if you will be joining.

Village General

  *   A reminder to please let the office know when you leave and when you return to the village for any medical procedures. We do not always know when you leave the village, it is vitally important, not only from a safety point of view but also from a medical and healthcare point. We need to know what transpired so we are able to put a healthcare plan together.
  *   Remember to test your TeleCare unit RED button regularly, at least once every two weeks and report to the office if it is not working.

Have a great day tomorrow
Derek

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.