[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 13/03/2023 – 19/03/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Mar 10 14:03:23 SAST 2023

        Dear Resident,

What’s Happening: 13/03/2023 – 19/03/2023

We are would like to wish very Happy Birthday to Neville Gill (Apt 212) on 13th March and to Margaret Veldman (Apt109) and Judy Sephton (Apt 217) on 14th March.

What’s Cooking
Please see attached daily menu for this week which includes Vegetarian Meal options that sound delicious.  Only one daily lunch option is available on Saturdays and the Bistro is open until 3pm. The Bistro menu has been altered slightly to accommodate requirements, so please take note of this when ordering.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D95359.127B3740]

The Meal Packages are really popular and give good value for money. Meal Package A: 10 Meals @ R550; and Meal Package B: 20 Meals @ R1100. Fedics experienced a few technological challenges whilst setting up, however things should be settling down and these items should be ironed out soon.

Forthcoming events:

  *   15 March – Bingo Night. R50 pp and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please book your seat with Margaret Hull on Ext 1716.
  *   17 March - Celebrate St Patricks Day Lunch in the Bistro. See menu attached.
  *   21 March - Human Rights Day – although it is a public holiday, Fedics will still be preparing lunch in the Bistro.
  *   27 March – The next in our conversation project series of “Let’s Talk” will be held in the Recreation Room at 2pm-3.30pm. Our focus will be about preparing a Living Will and teasing out some questions together. Tea & Biscuits will be served.

  *   31 March – Movie Night - all welcome please book with reception on EXT 1400 for popcorn count.

Weekly Activities:

  *   Moving Moments - Ani Fiske (Apt 101) is running a morning class focused on strengthening your functional movements every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday mornings at 8.30m.  The morning class takes around 20-minutes and we encourage all residents to try this soothing approach to get moving. There is no cost involved.
  *   Bridge every Tuesday in the recreation room from 14h00 – 16h00 call Mrs. Feitelberg for information Ext: 1602 – All
  *   Fellowship Group – meets in the recreation room every alternative week between 10am – 12h30. Please contact Jean de Villiers on Ext 1504 for further information. ALL Welcome.
  *   Cake & Tea - Please join us on Thursday for Cake and a cup of Tea/Coffee and chats in the Bistro at 3pm for R25.00 per person.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays 11h00 – 12h00
  *   Saturday Braai – residents gather every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information

Generator
The update on the generator is that after its major service on Monday, the generator wouldn’t switch over on its own even though we have replaced the circuit breaker, oil and filters and checked all the items that one usually services. Technicians came out and could not find the fault. Last night it was found that a valve needs to be replaced and that this needs to come from Johannesburg. The result is that we have another few days with load shedding to contend with. We are working on a solution to speed up the process. In the meantime, load shedding for the weekend is between 08h00-10h30; 16h00-18h30; and 02h00-00h00. The caterers will be able to work with these times and meals will be served. So please be prepared with your cell data, hot water in thermos and emergency lights. Please don’t hesitate to call me from your cell phone 24/7 - day or night - during power outage, if you require any help. My cell number is 0718576428 (please add me to your contacts if you haven’t already).

General:

  *   New Pool Stairs – The long-awaited pool staircase has been installed in our swimming pool and I sure that residents will find that it makes a huge difference – it will make getting into and out of the pool easier. I am sure that we’ll start Aqua-Aerobics classes soon !
  *   Gym Bike – the one bike is not working and I will need to get a technician to repair it which will be done next week. Please use the second bike or use the treadmill as an alternative method of exercise.
  *   New Carpets – We’re waiting for an installation date but we first have to fix the water ingress into the passage on the 3rd Floor discovered after the rains we’ve just had. The contractors will be here on Tuesday to investigate why it is seeping through from the patio..
  *   Show Units: The refurbishment of Unit 317 has started and the ELV refurbishment team working in the village.
  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 21/02 (Constantia Village) and 07/03 ( Blue Route). R40 per trip will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings by a Monday morning, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.
  *   Refuse Collection: Please assist us and only put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and early on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   Please only put your soft waste out from Saturday and Sunday on Monday morning to avoid flies and maggots in the bin room.
  *   2023 Over-50’s Cricket World Cup, proudly sponsored by Evergreen Lifestyle, kicks off on Monday 6 March. The tournament features 14 teams from around the world - South Africa, England, Wales, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, India, United Arab Emirates, Namibia, United States and Canada. Qualifying round games will be played at some of Cape Town’s most prestigious clubs and high schools, including the Claremont Cricket Club, Western Province Cricket Club, Green Point Cricket Club and Cape Town Cricket Club, as well as at the University of Stellenbosch.  The final will take place at the iconic Newlands Cricket Stadium on 20th of March. Let me know if you wish to attend.

Please remember that the 45th Cape Town Cycle Tour is taking place and there will be a lot more traffic on the roads on Sunday. Roads will be closed in different local areas – please see attached in the event that you wish to journey to town or shopping.

Have a lovely Weekend!

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.