[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 07/08/2023 – 13/08/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Aug 4 16:13:35 SAST 2023

        What’s Happening: 07/08/2023 – 13/08/2023

What’s Cooking:  Please see attached next week’s menu.  There is a daily soup special for our residents during the cold winter months. We have introduced a full day breakfast (not served between 12h00 – 13h00) and last food orders for Bistro must be in before 4pm during the week. There is only one lunch option is available on Saturdays. The Bistro is open until 5pm on weekdays and until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.

Activities coming up this week:

  *   Aqua-Aerobics will take place on Women’s Day, Wednesday, 09th August from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
  *   A delicious Women’s Day Brunch will be served in the Bistro from R85 per person and includes a Health Parfait - ( Muesli, Yoghurt & Fresh Fruit ); Bistro Breakfast (Scrambled Egg , Grilled Tomato, Sauteed Mushroom & Bacon) OR Bacon Eggs Benedict - ( English Muffin, Rocket, Poached Eggs & Bacon) plus Assorted Danishes, Juices,  Muffins with your choice of Filter Coffee OR Tea will be Available. Please book your Brunch with Fedics to confirm your seat.
  *   Fellowship Group will be in the recreation room, Thursday 10th August at 10h30 contact Mrs De Villiers Ext: 1504
  *   Tea & Scones on Thursday for R25.00 at 3pm
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Friday, 11th August from 11am – 12-noon.
  *   Saturday Braai – Residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Sunday, 13th July

Annual General Meeting and Wellness Day – Monday, 14 August:

  *   We will start the day at 8am in the Sky Lounge. Exhibitors have set up to speak to you about wellness issues and these companies include Kind-2-Hearing, HNA Physiotherapists and Arjo Medical Equipment. In addition, there will be two presentations – one on Mindfulness and the other on Sleep Apnea.  A coffee station will be set up to enjoy the morning sun and to ask your questions of the exhibitors.
  *   Discovery Health will perform the Premier Lite Health Check for interested residents. The assessment is expected to take approximately 30 minutes per person to complete. For Discovery Members, there will be no cost associated with the Health Check. However, for Non-Discovery Members, the fee for the test will be R508.40. Evergreen Health will take care of settling the invoices for Non-Members, but residents will be directly billed for the test by Evergreen Health. Please note that testing will start at 07h00. It is important to put your name down and book your test with reception on Ext 1400. The Lite Health Check will not tale place during the AGM not lunchtime.
  *   The Evergreen AGM will take place in the Recreation Lounge at 11am on Monday, 14 August and after the formal proceedings we will move to the Bistro for a splendid Buffett lunch. Please make sure that you note your attendance at the AGM. Please RSVP if you’re attending the lunch.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   Coloring-In Mandalas – Join us for a calm creative afternoon in the Bistro on Tuesday 15th August and 05th September at 2pm -. Mandalas, Crayons and Koki’s will be supplied but if you have your own, please bring them along. Please book your seat with reception on Ext 1400
  *   Bingo Night hosted by Margaret Hull (Ext 1716) on Wednesday, 16th August at 7pm. Entry fee R50 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
  *   The Wellness Massage will take place in the Sky Lounge on Thursday, 18th August at 09h30 - Please book your individual appointment for your treatment with Reception on Ext: 1400
  *   Wol aan die Rol will set up in the Recreation lounge on Monday 21st August between 09h00 – 13h00
  *   .“Let’s Talk” – Our Conversation Project on Tuesday, 22 August will take place in the Recreation Lounge at 2pm. All Welcome. Tea and Biscuits will be served.
  *   Fellowship Group will be in the recreation room, Thursday 24th August at 10h30 contact Mrs De Villiers Ext: 1504
  *   The Naturally Pampered beautician will be back for Spa Treatments in the Sky Lounge on Thursday, 24th August at 09h30. Please book your individual appointment for your treatment directly with the beautician,  Lelhaam, on 0823967573 or with Reception Ext: 1400
  *   General Knowledge Quiz – will take place in the Recreation Lounge on Wednesday, 30th August at 6pm. Soup & Rolls/Sandwiches will be available. Please book your seat and meal.
  *   Wine Tasting – we have managed to secure a wine tasting of different estates. Please book with Reception.

General:

  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 8th and 22nd August. Cost is R40 per trip and will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings the day before, we will cancel the trip.
  *   Refuse Collection: We appeal to ALL residents to put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and before 8am on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   Please only put your soft waste from the weekend out on Monday morning before 8am to avoid flies and maggots in the bin room. Please call reception for the utility workers to collect bag from your unit if the bins have already been taken away.
  *   Internal Unit Cracks/Bathroom Tiles and Internal Repairs/Painting - The Evergreen Refurbishment Team, led by Sarief Fredericks will be on site next week. His team will commence the internal unit repairs of those that have been reported to Management floor by floor and so will commence at the top and have scheduled repair work to start on the third-floor units and move down to the first-floor units.
  *   .The Internal Repair and Paintwork will commence in mid-August and will be undertaken by Highpoint. The Contractors will be on site to set up and commence working on all the common areas including the Bistro, Pool Area, Recreation Lounge, Clinic, Sky Lounge and Admin Office as well as all passages and Fire Escape staircases.
  *   Lastly, a Fire Drill will take place on Monday, 7th August - Please ensure that, if you’re in the building you participate in the event. Once the drill is over, we will be available to meet in the Bistro to get feedback and residents can ask questions from our Health & Safety official, Eco-Safety.

As you may have heard that SANTACO  (taxi association) have called a strike. All the staff have made every effort to get to work today and will do so until the strike is over. They may experience some issues over the weekend and into next week ahead but we are in constant contact with them and will advise if there is any issue that affects our residents. As always, I can be contacted on my cellphone 0718576428 if you need any information or are experiencing problems.

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.