[Zsd-news] New Uncapped Home ADSL Accounts

Support support at zsd.co.za
Tue May 11 17:21:06 SAST 2010

Hi All

As promised in our previous newsletter, ZSD now has uncapped home ADSL
accounts available. Please note this is a "shaped" service and it has
Terms and Conditions which makes it more suitable for home users than
for businesses.

WHO SHOULD CONSIDER USING THESE ACCOUNTS?

- Home ADSL users who currently have a 3GB or bigger cap.

- Users who only use their current ADSL account from one location. (ie
not both home and office ADSL lines).

- Users who do not rely on fast/reliable business critical internet
access during office hours.

- Users who do not have a number of people using ADSL bandwidth in their
home or office simultaneously.

WHAT IS INCLUDED?

- An "uncapped" ADSL "ISP" account. Ie an account that allows you to log
in and use bandwidth. There is no set limit to the amount of bandwidth
that you can use in a month.

- A ZSD e-mail box, which will support any existing e-mail address
hosted by ZSD.

- Customer friendly telephonic support from ZSD's helpdesk.

WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS?

- These accounts may be slower than our usage based ADSL products. This
is both during the day and after hours.

- The service is a "best effort" service and no Service Level Agreement
is associated with it.

- Certain internet protocols, like "peer to peer" clients are "shaped"
so that they run slower than conventional protocols, like those
associated with e-mail and browsing.

- The accounts are limited to the stated maximum speed. You cannot go
faster than this, even if you use the account on a faster ADSL line.

- You can only use these accounts on one ADSL line at a time. (Unlike
our usage based accounts which support "concurrent use" from multiple
lines).

- The account does not include your ADSL line rental. You may contract
directly with Telkom for line rental, or you may get it from ZSD as an
additional service.

- You will have to change the smtp server settings in your e-mail client.

WHAT ARE THE FINANCIAL TERMS?

- Due to the low markup with these accounts, we need to contain our
costs of administering the accounts. Therefore payment will be accepted
by debit order only. All outstanding accounts with ZSD must also be paid
up to date.

- Customers will be asked to send us a copy of their ID document.
Businesses will be required to send a copy of registration documents as
well as the contact person's ID document. This is a requirement from our
upstream providers in anticipation of RICA requirements.

- One Calendar month notice is required if you wish to terminate the new
account.

- The service is subject to ZSD Standard Terms and Conditions. (see
http://www.zsd.co.za/legal). These Terms include ZSD's Acceptable Usage
Policy as well as Acceptable Usage Policies of our upstream suppliers.

WHAT IF I WANT TO SWITCH OVER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH?

- We will issue you with the new uncapped account. You will be charged
"pro-rata" for the number of days left in the month for the first month
for the new account.

- When you have changed your modem settings for the new account, we will
close your old account.

- We will then credit you for any unused GB on your old account.

WHAT DOES IT COST?

Costs depend on the limiting speed of the account. Prices include VAT:

- 384 kilo bits per second.	R219 per month.
- 512 kilo bits per second.	R309 per month.
- 4096 kilo bits per second.	R519 per month.

What is next? We also have Business Uncapped Accounts as well as other
business specific services too. Details of these products still need to
be finalized.

If you have any queries, please contact e-mail our support staff at
"support at zsd.co.za" or phone our offices at 021-683-1388.

Regards

Ian Forbes