[Zsd-news] ZSD-Newsletter: April 2010

Ian Forbes iforbes at zsd.co.za
Thu Apr 22 16:02:44 SAST 2010

Hello Users

ADSL Price Reduction:

With all the hype around new ADSL services being offered, many of our
customers have been asking us about our future plans for ADSL services.
We have been busy behind the scenes over the last few weeks.

Firstly we have negotiated revised pricing with our upstream providers
and we are passing the benefits onto our customers. With effect of 1 May
2010 we will cut the prices of all of our ADSL services across the
board. This comes on top of a price reduction that we implemented
quietly back in December 2009.

The reductions are significant - over 30% over the last 5 months:

A 1GB ADSL account went down from R99 per month to R79 per month in
December 2009 and from May 2010 it will cost R69 per month.

A 3GB ADSL account went down from R229 per month to R195 per month in
December 2009 and from May 2010 it will cost R159 per month.

I don't have space to quote all the permutations of prices on our price
list, but expect to see a price drop in your next invoice!

Additional ADSL Products:

In addition to the above, we are in advance stages of negations with
another wholesale ISP service. This will allow us to offer uncapped ADSL
in both home and business flavours. As well as a number of new business
specific services.

Note however, that we are cautious with these accounts. They may be
uncapped but they DO have TERMS and CONDITIONS which may not make them
suitable for all of our customers.

Particularly we are weary of business customers signing up for "home"
uncapped ADSL services. The home services may run significantly slower
during office hours. If businesses have to do critical work during
office hours (banking etc) they may find these accounts frustrating. The
home accounts should however run faster after hours - when the business
folk have gone home.

We will be assessing these new services over the next few days and we
will start providing them to our customers when we have a better
understanding of their capabilities and limitations.

Ian

--
Ian Forbes

Zomerlust Systems Design
http://www.zsd.co.za
Tel: +27 21 683 1388
Fax: +27 21 674 1106
P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa

"For internet and email systems that run like clockwork!"