[Evergreen Muizenberg] ELV MZB>What’s Happening: 22/01/2024 – 28/01/2024

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Jan 19 17:54:10 SAST 2024

        Dear Resident

What’s Happening: 22/01/2024 – 28/01/2024

[cid:image001.png at 01DA4AF9.215EE430]

·         We have various activities that are hosted by residents and I am sure that they would welcome any “newbies” who wish to join. Please make enquiries at reception if you want to take on a new activity or join a group.

·         We will be hosting a Burns Night Cocktail Party on Wednesday, 24th January in the Bistro between 5pm – 7pm.  Burns Night is a time to enjoy Scottish traditions and celebrate the renowned poet Robert Burns with a classic combination of haggis, neeps, tatties and some reciting of poetry. It's also an opportunity to celebrate Scotland's enduring legacy of creativity. Cost is R105 per person. Book your seat with the Bistro for this festive celebration which includes traditional Scottish snacks and a dram of whisky. Please bring your own refreshments to enjoy the rest of the evening.

·         Please note that Evergreen Sales team will be having a sales morning on Saturday, 20 January in the Big Lounge Area between 10am – 11am.

·         We would like to respectfully request that you advise village management when you are booked for a procedure and where you are going, so we can keep in touch and make sure we visit upon your return to the Village. There are several ways that we can offer support while you recover at home but we can only do so if we are made aware the need for assistance.

·         As a matter of interest, between January 1, 2024, to January 18, 2024, Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) witnessed a notable increase in fire incidents, responding to a total of 22 fires this month alone. A concerning pattern has emerged with the majority of recent fires occurring in the southern peninsula, namely in the Kalk Bay, Ocean View and Redhill areas, as well as in the north of the park, in the Signal Hill and Pipe Track areas. Fires in these areas can pose a significant risk to communities living adjacent to the park, particularly with the hot temperatures and strong wind conditions currently being experienced. A concerning trend has surfaced with the majority attributed to deliberate malicious intent in Kalk Bay, Slangkop (Ocean View) and more recently, Pinehaven Fire.

·         Kim Whitworth, Assistant Village Manager, returns from her well-deserved break on Monday, 22 January and I am sure that you will all be glad to see her. The heat hasn’t let up, so please make sure that you drink lots of liquid to hydrate and stay cool. Wear sunscreen and hat when going out and preferably stay out of the sun.

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.