[Evergreen Muizenberg] Muizenberg Residents Informal Meeting

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Wed May 11 18:06:51 SAST 2022

        Dear Resident,

It has come to my attention through numerous concerned residents that they have received an

agenda for an informal meeting to be held tomorrow, Thursday.

The meeting is just that, 'informal'. It has in no way been endorsed by the residents committee and

as such has no mandate to negotiate with Evergreen management. The residents committee is

elected by you by means of a secret ballot at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). You will be given

ample chance in the next few days to nominate residents of your choice and then vote at the AGM

As residents you have in the last couple of weeks had numerous opportunities to engage, firstly in a

residents general meeting attended by some 150 residents, addressed by your residents committee

and then a few days later by the Evergreen MD, Garry Reed. You were also given a questionnaire to

further express your opinions. You were invited to engage with your residents committee or

management if you needed any other questions answered.

Evergreen management has left the choice entirely to the residents. You have been asked what level

of service you would like and be willing to pay for. The current level of service for both catering and

healthcare are not provided for in the life right agreement. The current model of subsiding the catering

and healthcare services are also not sustainable.

The life right that you signed, in conjunction with the house rules, is a confidential contact between you and

the owners, and only this governs the relationship between the parties.

You will be given further opportunities to vote on the services by means of questionnaires. Once your

residents committee has your mandate they will then negotiate with Evergreen management

We have the best interest of all our residents at heart, It is our intention to ensure a long term sustainable

village for our residents as we have shown over the years. However there are some residents who are trying

and disrupt this process. Please do not allow a handful of self-interested individuals with their own agendas

to sabotage the future stability of the village.

Lastly, I want to once again re-iterate what Garry said last week  - Please do NOT listen to rumours, listen

only to facts. My team and I are available to answer any questions that you might have with factual and

correct information.

Regards

Derek

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.