[Evergreen Muizenberg] COVID-19 - The THIRD Wave

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Wed Jun 23 10:26:57 SAST 2021

        Dear Resident,

THE THIRD WAVE IS HERE - Exponential rise in COVID-19 infections.

It was indeed great to see many of you at the recent AGM held in your village. Thank you for your participation and also for your support of the village management team.
We have become increasingly more used to the relaxed restrictions and have been able to socialize. I have attended some dinners at the villages and it almost felt like 'pre-Covid days.' Alas,
the time has come for us to once again socially distance and isolate.

The Western Cape is now fully in the throes of the third wave of COVID-19 infections. We are not out of danger, especially as only one of the two vaccinations has been administered.
It is not yet safe to return to the way things were before the pandemic. We can still be infected by the virus, although the vaccine may give us a better chance of survival.
Only once you have had the second vaccine dose will your chances decline of falling seriously ill.

Our team at Evergreen Health has been working closely with the Western Cape Department of Health to assist them with not just vaccinating our villages but also other retirement facilities
in the Cape Town Metropolitan.  This, leading to an exceptional relationship with the regional vaccination coordinators and we hope to confirm the date for the second vaccine shortly.

We find that residents are more relaxed about their social distancing. Together as a team, residents and management must do everything in their power to keep the virus out of our village
and to prevent a possible outbreak that will be devastating for all concerned. We have had FOUR residents test positive at Evergreen Muizenberg over the past seven days.

As the country moves to adjusted Level 3 of lockdown, the guidelines below will be implemented in the villages, with immediate effect. It is possible that some of these will change in
the short term, as more regulations are formulated. You will be updated as soon as possible, by village management.

  *   We respectfully request residents to maintain a "full lockdown" mindset and only to leave the village in the case of an emergency, a medical appointment, or for essential food shopping.

Please continue to make use of delivery services and online shopping whenever possible.

  *   Please do not congregate or socialize in confined spaces without opening windows for ventilation, wearing 3-ply masks over your nose and mouth, and sanitizing regularly.
  *   Please maintain social distancing and keep the recommended minimum of two meters apart.
  *   Elevators may only be used with a maximum of two people at a time.
  *   Book your gym sessions on the allocated booking sheet that is available outside the gym.  Normal exercise classes will continue a per normal, with no more than 10 people at a time.
All COVID-19 protocols will be adhered to at all times (social distancing, wearing a mask at all times and sanitising as frequently as possible).

  *   All visitors are to sign in and undergo screening and they will be required to wear a three-ply cloth mask at ALL times. (No one under the age of 18 will be allowed access to the Lifestyle
Centre until further notice.)
  *   If you leave the village for an extended period of time and return home, we kindly request for you to isolate yourself for 10 days before mixing/socializing with residents.

I would again, like to prevail upon all resident to please phone village management or the clinic (do not present yourself at the clinic) as soon as you experience any of the typical
COVID-19 symptoms, such as

  *   a sore throat,
  *   a fever or increased temperature,
  *   a dry cough, body aches, shortness of breath,
  *   loss of taste and/or smell.

Furthermore, should any of your family go for a COVID-19 test, we request that you inform us immediately. Please do not let them visit you until they have
received a negative result and that we have been informed of such.

COVID-19 infections continue to rise in the Cape Town metropole and the Western Cape. As of 19 June, there are 12 695 cases in the Western Cape, which has
nearly doubled in just ONE week.  It has also been reported that there has been 1 284 hospital admissions, of which 301 are in High Care.

My team and I are, as always, are ready to assist you with any request or information you may have.

Please do everything in your ability to not contract the COVID-19 virus, to not bring it into the village, and do not pass it on to other residents or staff.
Now more than ever we have to look out for each other and protect our village community.

Stay safe and healthy,

Regards
Garry Reed
Managing Director | Evergreen Lifestyle Villages

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.