[Evergreen Muizenberg] 21 January 2021 : COVID-19 cases update for the village

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Thu Jan 21 17:33:29 SAST 2021

        Dear Resident,

I trust you are all keeping safe and well.

I am sorry to inform you that since my last communication we have had another person
test positive for COVID-19, Aashiq Poole our maintenance manager. Aashiq and his wife
have been in isolation since they were tested last week, they both suffered from the typical
symptoms, are now recovering and enjoying a well-earned rested. Aashiq will be back at
work on Monday.

Currently we have no resident who has the COVID-19 virus. Our most crucial case is Alf Gadd,
who is still in Victoria Hospital. There has been a huge improvement in his condition, he is
now not permanently on oxygen, breathing much easier, eating well and feeling positive.

All other residents previously reported on are now over their isolation / quarantine period and
are taking part in daily village 'life', viz. Violet Butler, Keith and Denise Elkin, Rona Scholtz and
David Ricketts who was discharged from hospital on Monday.

There has been a very positive plateauing and even decrease in the active cases of COVID-19
in the Western Cape.
I want to share some figures with you, which you might find interesting -

Active Cases

Hospital admitted

      ICU

Ventilated

13 January

42 473

3 512

381

169

20 January

32 366

3 348

405

202

Even with this good news it is more important than ever that we keep our guard up, be
constantly vigilant and take all the well-publicised precautions. This virus does not discriminate
and most of the residents that have tested positive were unaware of how they contracted the
virus as they were supposedly adhering to the normal COVID-19 protocols. The majority of the
infections were from close family members and friends.

Another appeal to all resident -

  *   please do not put out your refuse before 7 a.m. during the week, Monday to Friday, we
have found that leaving refuse out overnight or any length of time in the 'dark' hours
attracts vermin, cockroaches and other pests
There is no refuse collection over week-ends

Again, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or you are not
feeling well let us know, stay at home we will come to you.

  *   wear a mask
  *   sanitise and wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
  *   practice 'social distancing', a distance of at least 2m / 6ft

Look after yourselves, stay safe.
Regards
Derek

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.