[Evergreen Muizenberg] ***CLOSURE OF LIFESTYLE CENTRE*** 21 Day Lockdown

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Sat Mar 28 15:08:57 SAST 2020

        Dear Resident,

Congratulate yourselves, Day 1 of the national enforced Lock Down for 21 days went well.

We feel we need to do more to give ourselves every chance of "flattening the Curve". I have been in consultation

with Garry Reed, the Evergreen MD and with Neville Woudberg, residents committee chairman, and we have all

agreed on these additional measure to be taken.

With effect from 8 pm tonight, Saturday 28 Thursday 26 March 2020 , the following increased

self-isolation / social distancing measures are to be implemental.

LIFESTYLE CENTRE: Will be closed, effectively 'out of bounds'. This includes the Gym, Swimming pool, exercise
area, pool table and the TV areas.
The only part of the lifestyle centre that will remain open for NOW is the Library. Only two residents in this area
at a time, please co-operate.
Newspapers can be delivered to your unit on request.

MEALS: No meals or refreshments will be served or consumed in the Bistro. The preparing of meals in the kitchen
will continue as normal. For those who have already ordered meals, these meals will be delivered to your home.
The ordering of additional meals, refreshments and treats will be taken telephonically on Exts. 2253 or 2249
which will then be delivered to you at your unit in disposable containers.

In the best interest of all, these additional measures are imperative. It is definitely business UNUSUAL,
we are not in a "normal" situation. I trust all residents realise we are doing it for your protection and safety.
South Africa yesterday recorded its first death as a result of the Covid-19 virus and we currently have 1170
official confirmed case of this virus. An increase of 243 cases, the single biggest day to day increase.

As I said in my previous mail, for those still not convinced of the seriousness of this pandemic, tune into BBC, CNN or Sky and
witness the scenes from Italy, Spain and the United States if some of you are still not convinced. The United State has
as of today, over a hundred thousand active cases.

Below I have repeated for ease of reference some of the points from my last mail:

FOOD DELIVERY: Our official on site caterers, Western Province and Steenberg Pick n' Pay are offering well-priced
frozen meals, which will be delivered to the village. Notices have been sent out, you can also contact reception.

Our caterers have also compiled a list of 'necessity groceries' which you can order and which will be delivered.

ACCESS TO THE VILLAGE: The main gate will be closed and access will have to be approved by Village Management
who will only accommodate emergencies.
Carers who are absolutely needed will be permitted to enter provided management have been notified.

SELF-QUARANTINE: All residents are requested to stay at home and self-quarantine.
The only reasons for leaving the village are:

  *   A doctor's appointment to seek medical care.
  *   to a pharmacy to collect medicine or other supplies
  *   to the bank, ATM.

Remember we have a list of Evergreen volunteers who can assist residents with tasks / shopping.

FRIENDS & FAMILY: Friends and family will not be allowed into the Village. We will accept any item from them
and deliver it to you.

SOCIAL DISTANCING: Residents are encouraged to keep to themselves and stay in their homes and keep social contact
to a minimum. If you have to go out please keep the distance between yourselves to at least 2m / 6ft.

HEALTHCARE SERVICES: Should you need to see a healthcare worker please call the clinic, reception or press the
yellow button on your TeleCare station.

REFUSE COLLECTION:  We are certain the City of Cape Town will continue to collect refuse. Please put out your refuse
as normal before 08h30, weekdays only.

I would like to again remind everyone that coronavirus is highly contagious and if you do not adhere to the quarantine,
you put not only yourself, but the entire village and your community at risk. I cannot stress enough that every time you
leave your home over the next 21 days you potentially expose everyone in our village.

Please feel free to call reception at any time if you need clarity or require any further information,
as normal we have 24 hour duty manager coverage in the village.

We will only succeed if we all work together, let us together "Flatten the Curve"

Protect yourself, stay safe and exercise caution at all times.
Best Wishes
Derek

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.