[Evergreen Muizenberg] Evergreen Muizenberg - What’s happening this week: 9 to 15 August

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Thu Aug 8 17:54:52 SAST 2019

        Dear resident,

Please have a look at our events for the next week: 9 – 15 August

Firstly, we would like to wish all the fabulous woman in our village an amazing Woman’s Day tomorrow. We owe so much to you all.

“The Stars are the beauty of the Sky,
the grass is the beauty of the Meadows
and the Woman is the beauty of Life”

Tomorrow there is a special function arranged, bookings have closed.
Women’s Day High Tea on Friday, 09 August 2019 from 9h30am. Those that have booked can look forward to a lovely morning:
Start your day with a sponsored ‘bubbly’ tasting of Steenberg Vineyards finest MCCs and be entertained by young tenor, Shane Mdutyulwa,
who will sing opera arias and other classics all while enjoying a variety of savoury and sweet eats, tea, coffee and juice all for only R75pp.

Secondly, I would like to congratulate our winning teams who participated in the Evergreen Cook-Off hosted by Western Province Catering at their Taste Kitchen in Cape Town on Tuesday, 6 August.
Our Muizenberg teams consisted of Cynthia Waldegrave and Kathy Blumeris and the husband and wife team, Stephanie and Louis de Haas. Cynthia and Kathy blew the judges away and brought home the trophy.
Well done ladies !!

We would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to the following residents:
9 August – Toni Irving
12 August - Rona Scholtz
12 August - Edward Fletcher
13 August - Margaret Caroline Simons
13 August - Glenda Williams
15 August - John Morgan
 BISTRO Daily Lunch Specials:

STARTER

MAIN OPTION 1

MAIN OPTION 2

DESSERT

WOMEN’S DAY

FRIDAY

9 AUGUST

BROCCOLI SOUP

WITH BREAD ROLL

CRUMBED CHICKEN STRIPS WITH CHEESE SAUCE, BABY POTATOES & SALAD OF THE DAY

PREMIUM:

FRIED FISH WITH TARTAR

SAUCE, CHIPS

& SALAD OF THE DAY

CHURRO CUP WITH ICE CREAM & BERRY SAUCE

SATURDAY

10 AUGUST

THREE CHEESE PARCEL

BOBOTIE PANCAKES WITH POTATO WEDGES & GREEK SALAD

BACON, SPINACH & FETA QUICHE WITH POTATO WEDGES & GREEK SALAD

MILK TART

SUNDAY

11 AUGUST

SPRING ROLLS

WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE

ROASTED BEEF WITH RED WINE JUS, ROAST POTATOES & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

ROSEMARY ROASTED

CHICKEN WITH RED WINE JUS, ROAST POTATOES &

SEASONAL VEGETABLES

PAVLOVA WITH BERRY SAUCE

MONDAY

12 AUGUST

BUTTERNUT SOUP

WITH BREAD ROLL

PROVENCAL CHICKEN WITH BASMATI RICE & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

SALMON & SPINACH FETTUCINI WITH GREEK SALAD

CINNAMON POACHED GUAVAS WITH CUSTARD

TUESDAY

MUSHROOM ARANCINI WITH CHEESE SAUCE

BACON, BLUE CHEESE & RED ONION QUICHE WITH POTATO WEDGES & GREEK SALAD

PREMIUM:

PORTUGUESE FISH WITH SAVOURY RICE & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

FRUIT JELLY WITH CUSTARD

WEDNESDAY

MINESTRONE SOUP WITH BREAD ROLL

PORK & APPLE PIE WITH GRAVY, RICE & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

CHICKEN A LA KING WITH RICE & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

SAGO PUDDING WITH APRICOT & CUSTARD

THURSDAY

GREEK SALAD WITH DRESSING

BEEF CURRY WITH YELLOW RICE, TOMATO SAMBALS & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

FISH CAKES WITH TOMATO RELISH, MASHED POTATOES & SEASONAL VEGETABLES

CHOCOLATE ECLAIRS

Coming up in the next week:-

  *   Join the Book Club at the Fugard Theatre to see an adaption of the classic John Steinbeck novel “The Old Man and the Sea”.

Price inclusive of transport R150.00. Please book at Reception.

  *   Movie for this week, on Sunday is “Final Portrait”
  *   Giltedge Club Launch presentation will be held in the Lifestyle Centre on Monday, 12 August at 14h00. Attend and see some exciting deals.
  *   Residents Committee Meeting on Tuesday 13 August, please send your points to Jim Raubenheimer by Friday, 9 August.
  *   Support a very worthy cause and attend the NSRI Sea Rescue talk at 11h00am on Tuesday the 13th
  *   Active Aging talk by Physiotherapist Loren at 10h00am, Wednesday the 14th
  *   We have an Evergreen Sales Event next Thursday, the 15 August.

Forthcoming events:

  *   Western Province Catering will again lay on some great lunch time entertainment.
The theme for this one “SA Jou Lekker Ding” will again, I’m sure, be an excellent show. Please book a lunch and seat at the Bistro.

  *   Gin Tasting with Sugarbird Gins, three different gins available, a great afternoon is expected. Book at Reception for seating. Maximum 30 seats.

Village General

FTTH – Please note that the paving contractor will be finishing off the last of their trenching work at the houses. A few homes still have to be completed, at last count five.
All the apartments have been ‘fitted’; the contractors are currently splicing the fibre to a central point.
Interconnect, the contractors. will be working late throughout the next week.
Once this has been completed, we hope to be ‘live’ by 22 August.

Village Shuttle – our weekly transport shuttle service to the Blue Route as well   as Melomed Hospital is working well.
The service is available on a Monday at 09h30 and Wednesday at 13h30. Please book your seat with reception.
A R20 nominal fee will be charged per passenger which can be billed direct to your levy account.

Have a great week-end………

Warm Regards

Derek Drew

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D54E12.60465EA0] [cid:image002.jpg at 01D54E12.60465EA0]

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.