[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 24/04/2023 – 30/04/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Apr 21 13:52:17 SAST 2023

        Dear Resident,

What’s Happening: 24/04/2023 – 30/04/2023

We celebrate a number of birthdays this week and would like to wish Oscar Albrecht (Apt 304) a very Happy Birthday on Monday 24th April;  Brenda Nieuwstadt (Apt 306) on 25th April; John Richards (Apt 305) on 26th April; Mona Randall and Sue Butcher on 27th April.

What’s Cooking:  Please see attached the daily menu for this week.  Only one daily lunch option is available on Saturdays and the Bistro is open until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.

Activities coming up this week:

  *   Tuesday, 25th April - We are lucky to host a Pamper Day at the Village in the Sky Lounge from 9am-3pm. Please book your individual appointment for your treatment directly with Lelhaam, the beautician on 0823967573.Pleae see notice board for details and prices.
  *   Wednesday 26th April - Market Day, lots of exciting vendors will be at Diep River from 10h00 – 15h00. All welcome. Invite your friends and family to join you for a cup of tea and cake and find lovely gifts, crafts/wares or food items. Contact Amanda on Ext 1406 or Margie Lee.
  *   Wednesday, 26th April - Aqua-Aerobics will take place 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
  *   Friday 28th April – The Perfect Family: At first, Lucía is taken aback by her son's girlfriend's eclectic family, but little does she know the impact they'll have on her prim and proper life. A delightful RomCom that everyone will enjoy. Please contact Margie Lee (Unit 119) on Ext 1519 for any additional information and to confirm your attendance for seating purposes. You are welcome to bring your own refreshments and popcorn will be provided.

Weekly Activities:

  *   Cake & Tea - Please join us on Thursday for Cake and a cup of Tea/Coffee and chats in the Bistro at 3pm for R25.00 per person.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays 11am – 12-noon.
  *   Saturday Braai – residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information.
  *   Sunday Roast Lunch – all residents are welcome to invite your family for Sunday Lunch hosted by Fedics. Please book by Friday lunchtime early to avoid disappointment.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   Public Holiday – May 1 – Workers Day
  *   Quiz Night will take place on Wednesday, 3rd May and our theme will focus on HERITAGE. These questions that will deal with the tangible - our historical sites, buildings, monuments, objects in museums, artefacts and archives;  the natura l- our wildlife, insects, plants, trees, birds and animal;  and the intangible - our customs, sports, music, dance, folklore, crafts, skills, and traditions. Our heritage is what we have inherited from the past, to value and enjoy in the present, and to preserve and pass on to future generations.
  *   Fellowship Group will meet in the recreation room on Thursday, 04th May between 10am – 12.30pm. Please contact Jean de Villiers on Ext 1504 for further information. ALL Welcome.
  *   A Special Coronation Brunch will be held in the Bistro on Saturday, 7 May from 11am to celebrate King Charles’ Coronation. We plan to watch the whole ceremony which starts at 12-noon and will continue to around 3pm.Details to follow.
  *   Monday, 8th May will start with Wol aan die Rol selling their wool in the morning from 09h30 to 12h30
  *   The Conversation Project “Let’s Talk – Part 4”  will take place on in the Recreation Room at 2pm - we will be working through Choosing a Health Care Proxy and why it is so important. Our focus will be about what matters most to you. ALL Welcome. Coffee/Tea & Biscuits will be served.

General:

  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 9th May, 23rd May and 30th May. Cost is R40 per trip and will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings by the Monday morning, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.

Please note the following staff will be on leave:
- I will be on leave from on Monday, 24th April I will be attending a conference on Palliative Care for the remainder of the week and will return to work on Tuesday, 2nd May.
- Sharon Adams will be going on leave next week and will not be on site on the following days: 24 and 28 April. Melanie Carstens, Evergreen Care Manager will be on call as will Sister Marisa. If there is anything you require, please call me direct on my cellphone 0718576428 OR if there is an emergency, please do not hesitate to press the red button on your Telecare or lift the handset on your internal phone to connect with our Emergency Services.
- Gina Adonis, our general worker is on leave and will return on Tuesday, 2 May 2023. Janine Hendricks will assist residents.

We are moving between stage 4-6 loadshedding and we seem to be heading for a rainy, cold and wet spell. So please keep warm.

Warm Regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.