[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening 04 July – 10 July *

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Jul 1 16:09:12 SAST 2022

        Dear Resident

We would like to wish Trudie Fortuin (Apt 205) a very Happy Birthday on Saturday, 09 July.

Our meal offering includes a special of the day and Bistro Menu with a selection of breakfast, toasted sandwiches, cake plus hot and cold beverages.  Please be sure to give us a heads up by 4pm the day before if you would like to order the Daily Special in the bistro. The Deli Menu is available 7-days/week from 8am-5pm. Please note that should you wish to enjoy the Deli menu that there will be delays between 12h00 –13h00 due to pre-ordered daily specials being served for lunch. Payment accepted on pre-paid account, credit or debit card.

MONDAY,04 JULY                Korma Chicken Curry and Rice and Seasonal Vegetables
TUESDAY,05 JULY               Fish Cakes with Aioli, Mashed Potato and Seasonal Vegetables
WEDNESDAY,06 JULY         Pork Chops served with Mushroom Sauce and Seasonal Vegetables
THURSDAY,07 JULY            Meatloaf served with Gravy, Mashed Potato and Seasonal Vegetables. Tea & Cake Day 3pm Special - R25pp
FRIDAY,08 JULY                   Premium R65.00 Fried Hake with Chips, Served with Chips and Chef’s Salad & Chicken Strips with Chips and Salad
SATURDAY,09 JULY             Á la Carte Bistro Menu Resident Braai
SUNDAY,10 JULY                 Tomato Soup Served with Homemade Bread, Roast Gammon served with Gravy, Roast Potato and Seasonal vegetables Bread & Butter Pudding and Custard
SOUP SPECIAL: - Please note that we are offering a Soup & Roll everyday (Monday-Friday) for only R25.00. Please pre-order or book your special from WPC on Ext 1404.

Activities coming up this week:

  *   Series Night At 6pm in the Recreation Lounge ALL WELCOME.
  *   Fellowship Group on Thursday 07 July at 10:30am in the Recreation Lounge ALL WELCOME.
  *   Bridge Club, is held in the Recreation Room every Tuesday at 2pm. All welcome.
  *   Chair Exercise Group meets to stretch to music every Wednesday morning at 10am in the Recreation Room. ALL WELCOME
  *   Cake & Tea Thursday - Please join us on Thursday for Cake and a cup of Tea/Coffee and chats in the Bistro at 3pm for R25.00 per person.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays.
  *   Residents Braai – takes place every on Saturday evening.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   Sherry & Soup with Live Music - Pam Wijnberg (Flautist) will perform live in the Bistro on Sunday, 10 July at 6pm.  Come down and enjoy a lovely bowl of hot soup and a glass of sherry while you enjoy the sound of a melodious flute and piano recital. Please book your seat for seating purposes and if you wish to enjoy the soup special (R25.00) please confirm with WPC.
  *   Xmas in July Dinner – will take place on Wednesday, 13 July at 6pm in the Bistro. Watch noticeboard for details.
  *   CCH Music Productions will return with a “Juke Box Hits” music extravaganza sponsored by WPC in the Bistro on Monday, 18 July (Mandela Day) at 12-noon.
  *   Bingo to be held on
 General:

  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Village at 09h15 every alternate Tuesday. The next trip is planned for 12/07 [Constantia Village] and 26/07 (Blue Route). R30 per trip will be added to your levy account. It is important to book your seat with reception on Ext 1400. If we have no bookings by the Monday, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.
  *   Just a reminder that we will collect Refuse Bins early on Monday. Please assist us and only put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and early on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).
  *   Library – Please ensure that should you return a book to the library that you place it on the table clearly marked. We sanitize all books prior to putting them back on the shelf. Your cooperation is appreciated.
  *   Be aware that Cape Town is on planned Stage 6 Load Shedding for the weekend. It’s a good idea to make sure that you get a surge protector extension cord for your DSTV/TV/ or Computer.
External Refurbishment: Monday is the day! Highpoint will be on site and will start to work on the front of the building. The scaffolding will be erected and work will commence from the 3rd floor and 2nd floor on both vertical and horizontal areas. It will be a messy, dusty and very, very noisy. When they get going. We will send out a regular sms to keep you updated as they tackle on each phase. Look out for the general broadcasts and news flashes.
Resident Feedback Meeting: Please note that your Rescom will be holding a feedback meeting from 2pm – 4pm on Monday, 4 July in the Recreation Room. This will enable them to give you an update on discussions regarding budget savings. We have arranged smaller circle groups, floor by floor, to ensure that residents can receive proper attention. Please see Agenda outlined in separate mailer.
As mentioned, I will be away from the village until Wednesday, 10 August. Amanda is in charge and I am confident that you will be in good hands.  During this time, please visit her in her office on the 2nd Floor or contact her on Ext 1406 or email her if you have any queries.
It’s is going to be rainy and cold on the weekend so wrap up and stay warm.
Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.