[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What's Happening - 28/11/2021 - 5/12/2021*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Nov 26 16:07:18 SAST 2021

        Dear Resident

What's Happening - 28/11/2021 - 5/12/2021
Happy Birthday - We would like to wish Dawn Bonthuys a very special birthday wish for 27th November.
Diep River Bistro - Our Lunch offering includes a special of the day and Bistro Menu with a selection of breakfast, toasted sandwiches, cake plus hot and cold beverages. Please be sure to give us a heads up by 4pm the day before if you would like to order the Daily Special in the bistro. The Bistro Deli Menu is available 7-days/week from 8am-5pm. Please note that no cash payments will be accepted. Please pay on pre-paid account, credit or debit card.
Coming up this week:

  *   Tuesday, 30 November - Bridge Club, hosted by John Taylor, will be held in the Recreation Room every Tuesday at 2pm. All welcome.
  *   Wednesday 01 December - An invitation to residents to attend our Games Evening and get to know your fellow residents. Some of the games available are Pool, Darts, Scrabble, Rummikub, Chess, Carpet Bowls, Cards and any other games you may have. The evening is limited to 20 players due to COVID-19 regulations. No mask/No Entry. Please bring your own refreshments and glasses. There will be one free glass of white wine for all attending. Please RSVP to Margie Lee (Unit 119) on Ext 1519 by Monday, 30 November.
  *   Friday, 03 December - HNA Active Aging Class - Calling all residents who wish to keep active by learning how to keep fit gently without undue strain on the body. For additional information or to book your place as space is limited, please contact Amanda George on Ext 1401.
  *   Saturday, 04 December - Resident Braai will be held in the Bistro. If you have any queries, please call Margaret Lee on Ext 1519.
  *   Sunday, 05 December - Sunday Lunch will be held in the Bistro from 12h30. Please book lunch with WPC on Ext 1404
 Forthcoming Events:

  *   The Year End Dinner function will take place on Friday, 10 December at 6pm. RSVP to Sethu by no later than 06 December to reserve your place.
  *   We will be holding an Arts and Crafts Market on Thursday, 09 December from 10am till 2pm. We would like a bumper selection of items! We have baked goods - cakes & biscuits. In addition, debut artists and 'seasoned' artists work as well as hobbists/craft work are most welcome. Paintings, photographs, crafts, embroideries, adult colouring, collections of items etc. For more information or to confirm your spot, please contact your Village Manager on Ext 1407.
  *   Please diarise the Village Year End function to be held in Bistro on Friday, 10 December. A special dinner to celebrate the year end will be served in the Bistro and a Secret Santa. Watch out for details to be posted on the Notice Board and circulated shortly.
  *   On Monday, 13 December we will host a staff function to hand over the resident gratuity.Be a Santa to a Senior - We are doing a reminder to all residents to donate a Xmas gift for the Douglas Murray Home for the Aged.. If you have not already donated, perhaps you can drop off ONE item listed on the poster at reception and we will include it in our gift packs. Should you require any additional information, please contact Ext 1406/1407. Please hand your gift to reception by no later than 12-noon on Monday, 13 December 2021.
  *   Christmas Lunch will be held on Saturday 25th December and Boxing Day lunch on Sunday 26th December will be a selection of Cold Meats & Salads.
  *   New Year's Eve will be celebrated with a Bring & Share dinner. Details will be available shortly.

The collection of Christmas Gifts for the senior citizens of the Douglas Murray Home for the Aged is going really well. The gifts for those who might not otherwise receive a present this festive season are being dropped off in our office and it is heart-warming to see the generosity of our residents. You can buy an individua or form a group to buy a gift or collect small items to pack into a Christmas shoe box or fabric bag. In addition, you can hand me the cash and I will buy items needed for the gift boxes.re are 29 men and 37 women in this old age home. We are requesting that our residents participate in the initiative individually or form a group tor fabric bag.

Staff Gratuity - As you all know we currently have a "no tip/gift" policy with regards to our staff at Evergreen Villages. However, this policy is relaxed over the Christmas period and we accept voluntary contributions to a "Christmas Fund" that will be managed by two members of Rescom and which will be distributed equally amongst the village staff which will include ELV, Evergreen Health, Grinnell Security, WPC and Whitecliffs.  Place your contribution in an envelope and drop off ELV Management are not included in the distribution. This will take place on Monday, 13 December.

Housekeeping:

  *   Library - Please ensure that should you return a book to the library that you place it on the table clearly marked. We sanitise all books prior to putting them back on the shelf. Your cooperation is appreciated.
  *   Every Tuesday - Shopping Transport will meet at Village at 10am. Please book your seat with Sethu at reception on Ext 1400.
  *   Refurbishment News - There have been delays with the contract and it is now confirmed that we will only commence our refurbishment when everyone returns in the New Year.
  *   Fellowship meetings will resume in the New year.
COVID-19 Protocols:

With the warnings of a resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Western Cape, especially with the new variants and mutations. I would like to urge all residents to be careful and to practice COVID-19 safety protocols at all times.

Be Safe, be careful.

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.