[Melrose Arch Tenant] Festive Season Campaign & Events Line-Up | Melrose Arch

Melrose Arch Tenant melrosearchtenant at lists.zsd.co.za
Mon Nov 13 14:50:30 SAST 2017

        Dear Tenant,

Below a summary of the events line-up to conclude 2017.

Kindly advise all your staff, colleagues & patrons.

Best,

16 November 2017:

Remember the days when families used to pile in their cars and drive through the streets of Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town, admiring the beautiful Christmas lights on display?

Those days may be long gone but Melrose Arch is reviving the tradition.

>From 16 November to 3 January, families will be able to visit Melrose Arch and walk through the streets and Retail Galleria, which will be decorated with Christmas lights galore.

Baubles, fairies, a giant teddy bear, stars, reindeer, toys, gifts and more - everything children love and associate with Christmas will be up in lights.

High Street partial road closure from 5 Nov 2017 - 7 Jan 2017 for the Festive Season Lights set up, campaign and strike down on street level.

Ambient Noise from surrounding tenants, patrons and carols can be expected.

Launch Event starts 18h30 on the square with the official lights being switched on at 19h30.

Event should wrap up around 20h00 whereby guests are encouraged to meander through Melrose Arch and the lights spectacal.

Please ensure that you are stocked and staffed for the anticipated influx of guests for the launch event and campaign duration.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D35C8E.BAEE09B0]

17 November 2017:

Please note that we have granted Moyo's permission to host a corporate year end function on the Square from 14h00 on Friday the 17th November 2017 for MTN.

A Marquee will be set up on the square from 07h00 - 11h00,

Event will Run from 13h30 - 02h00 and full strike will be conducted on the 18th November 2017.

Entertainment and music will be hosted within Moyo's however general guests will be catered for and entertained within the marquee on the square for the total capacity of 600-700pax to be accomodated, noise can be expected however will be managed accordingly.

Limited access on High street owing to the Festive season Lights.

Guests to park in the basement parking and directed to Moyo's.

19 November 2017:

Please note that we will be hosting the Jeppe Pipe Band and parade at Melrose Arch on the 19th November 2017.

The Band will move from the Square, up High Street, through slip and cross, onto the Piazza and double back along the same route from 12h30-13h30.

The band has 30 talented members. Please expect festive music and noise for this duration as the band perform.

The band will be hosted in the tent with a beverage station in preparation for the performance from 11h00.

23 November 2017:

Please note that Harbor Arch Launch event will be conducted within Property Cafe for approx 50pax.

24 November 2017:

Melrose Arch will offer shoppers Free parking on the day on presenation of the till slip at the concidege desk.

Black Friday is a well received national event with retailers preparing for thier biggest sales on Black Friday (last Friday of November)

29 November - 1 December 2017:

Please note that we have granted Reach for  Dream permission to host an activation on Elegance Corner whereby we will have a plane on display for their raffle and foundations initiative.

This will be a simple set up from 15h00 of the 28th November 2017 and strike down will take place from 15h00 of the 1st December 2017.

The live draw will take place at Elegance Corner whereby prize give aways and the plane will be given away will be conducted, the draw will be live streamed and media will be present for interviews with Mike Vermaak and Reach for a Dream.

Live draw will take place at 11h00 on the 1st December 2017.

Partial road closure on High street for load in and strike down .

30 November - 1 December 2017:

We have granted JHB Food Market permission to host the annual Melrose Arch Christmas market on the Square and the bottom of High Street. There will be approx 60 vendors taking part in the market from 15h00 - 20h00 for both days.

All are welcome to join us and purchase some last minute christmas gifts.

A Fun day for the whole family, surrounding restaurants are available to entertain you as well as a DJ present for the night market.

Noise and music can be expected with festivity and fun for the whole family.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D35C8E.BAEE09B0]

2 December 2017:

We have given Yoga Works permission to host a Yoga event in the tent from 08h30-09h45 on the 2nd December 2017.

Tickets are available online and there are options for you to purchase your ticket to include or exclude a Melrose Arch breakfast from Roast and other special offers from the surrounding tenants.

Access will be controled by security for the set up from approx 07h00.

There will be light background noise through the PA system and ambient noise from the guests who will partake in the yoga session.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D35C8E.BAEE09B0]

3 December 2017:

Please note that we have granted Smile and Toyzone permission to host the annual Kids Cycle Race at Melrose Arch.

Set up will be conducted from the 2nd December 2017 from 16h00 with road closures of Whitely Road, High Street, Crescent Drive and 1 side of Melrose Boulevard.

The event commences on the 3rd December at 08h00 - 11h00 with strike down to commence immediately thereafter.

Festivities will continue on the Piazza with kids entertainment, Vendors / Sponsors and light background music and HotFM OB.

Join in the fun and enter your children online.

Further, please be mindful to the influx of 800-1200 pax onto the Piazza area with patrons and families looking for Breakfast and Lunch spots to entertain and enjoy the day.

14-16 December 2017:

Melrose Arch Gourmet Market will be hosted within the Middle Galleria for a very special Christmas addition to wrap up the year.

Last minute Christmas shopping and fun festive entertaining ideas available for you to do at home for your own Christmas Lunch with the family.

17 December 2017:

Melrose Arch will be hosting the Closing Ceremony of the Christmas lights in conjunction with Smile Foundation on the Square.

Stage will be set up on the evening of the 16th December 2017 and we will be entertained by the Alexandra Harmonious Choir at 12h30 - 13h15 and again 16h15-17h00 with a special group performing Rock Circus at 19h00.

Sound and lights with festivities to be expected on The Square with strike down to commence on the 18th December 2017.

Please prepare for an influx of guests to the restaurants surrounding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional queries,

We will continue to send out reminders ahead of each event,

Best,

Luciana Popa Retail Tenant Relationship Manager   image:Tel: +27 11 684 0002Cell: +27 82 511 8326Postal:    image:  image:image:

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.