[Evergreen Muizenberg] 14 July 2021 - Covid-19 Update

Evergreen Muizenberg evergreenmuizenberg at lists.zsd.co.za
Wed Jul 14 15:55:08 SAST 2021

        Dear Resident,

By now 90% of you would have received the second injection of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine. A fantastic
achievement for Evergreen, here I must extend a huge THANKS to Evergreen Health for this, what an
amazing, slick professional experience. Our healthcare ladies will have administered nearly 400 injections
over the last two days !! Let's not forget our admin personnel who have gone over the same questions 400
times, and to the village staff who set-up, organized and co-ordinated the roll-out.

Some of you might be feeling some discomfort around the injection area, headaches, even a fever,
let's say typical flu-like symptoms. This should not last more that 48 hours. If this persists please
contact us so that we can help you.

It typically takes two weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against
the virus. That means it is still possible for a person to get Covid-19 before or just after
vaccination and then get sick because the vaccine did not have enough time to build protection.
So in simple terms, please continue to observe all the safety protocols.

With all this news and thanks I unfortunately have to temper it a little and am sorry to have to
inform you that Kim, out assistant village manager test positive for Covid-19. Kim received her test
results this morning and I have been in constant contact with her. Again under the circumstance doing
well and is showing many of the 'normal' covid symptoms, head and body aches, loss of taste and smell.

I would also like to take this opportunity to update you regarding residents who have contracted the
covid virus :-

  *   Alan Delport, technically he does not have covid virus any longer, he is suffering from related illnesses

from having the covid virus. He is in hospital and on a ventilator, there has been a slight improvement

since yesterday.

  *   Joan and Ron Sinden, are doing well and end their period of isolation on Friday the 16th July

  *   Roland Green, he is receiving oxygen when needed and under the circumstance is doing very.

Our thought and prayers are with Kim, the residents and their families.

This is again a reminder that we need to be constantly vigilant and not let our guard down.
Do not socialize with your fellow residents, stay at home if you feeling "under the weather"

Remember for those residents who were unable to have the second injection for whatever reason, you are
going to get a further opportunity around the last week in July to get the second one. Further communication
will follow.

>From tomorrow we will again be serving lunch in the lifestyle centre, please reserve as numbers will be
restricted.

We currently having a very cold spell, this is predicted to continue for at least another two weeks. The nearby
Matroosberg is full of snow with 27cm of snow falling in the last six days. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Stay warm and safe

Regards
Derek

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.