[Evergreen Lake Michelle] General Service Update

Evergreen Lake Michelle evergreenlakemichelle at lists.zsd.co.za
Wed Jul 13 12:22:18 SAST 2022

        Dear Residents,

We have a had a slow or slower than expected uptake of our catering packages in particular. After some discussions and fielding some questions
from residents I thought it might help if a clarify some points.

  *   Signing up for a catering package does not replace or eliminate the need for a Catering levy. A portion of each package does however get

credited to the village against the overall catering expense. On top of that it secures a saving and no general price increases will affect you
for meals included in the package you might opt for.

  *   Packages can be signed up for at any time of the month but will if signed up for after the 10th of each month might lead to a first the first

levied amount being for 2 months. One amount in arear and one to bring activate the pre-paid cycle.

  *   1.8 under the Terms and Conditions refers to packages not being shared between households. Packages can be bought for a household

consisting of one or 2 residents based on your needs.

  *   If only Tier 1 appeals to you, you are able to sign up for 2 of these package options per month.
  *   The Tier 2 option if bought by a household for 2 occupants can be flexed so that the dinner and Sunday lunch option combine for a dinner

for 2 or a Sunday lunch for 2.

  *   Similar to the packages, by supporting the bistro in buying wine and beer rather than bringing your own a much larger portion (40%) of

total profits gets credited each month to the credited to the village against the overall catering expense.

If it was not clear in previous communication or in explanations I want make it clear now. There is very little benefit in these packages for
anyone other than to our residents. The greater the uptake and if aligned with support of the liquor sales, general increase of the a la carte
menu prices / creative menu planning and a slight change in operating hours to minimise some expenses, we might be able to keep our
catering services the way it is right now and depending to what extent even avoid a Catering Levy completely.

The proof will be in the pudding and I would suggest that everyone seriously consider taking up one of these packages and support a service that many see as a key part of our village.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions.

I have left the original correspondence attached below should you wish to refer back for more details.

Kind Regards,