[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 16/10/2023 – 22/10/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Oct 13 14:21:50 SAST 2023

        What’s Happening: 16/10/2023 – 22/10/2023

We would like to wish a very happy birthday to Jeff Uys on 17th October and George Brown on 19th October.

What’s Cooking:  Our full day breakfast is popular (not served between 12h00 – 13h00) and last food orders for Bistro must be in before 4pm during the week. There is only one lunch option is available on Saturdays. The Bistro is open until 5pm on weekdays and until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.

Activities coming up this week:
- Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 17th October. Cost is R50 per trip and will be added to your levy.
- Coloring-In Mandalas – Join us for a calm creative afternoon in the Bistro on Tuesday, 17th October at 2pm. Mandalas, Crayons and Koki’s will be supplied but if you have your own, please bring them along. Please book your seat with reception on Ext 1400
- Aqua-Aerobics will take place on Wednesday, 18th October from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
- Bingo Night hosted by Margaret Hull (Ext 1716) on Wednesday, 18th October at 7pm. Entry fee R50 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
- Thursday Tea & Cake on Thursday, for R25.00 at 3pm.
- Fellowship Group will meet in the recreation room, Thursday19th October at 10h30 contact Mrs. J de Villiers (Ext 1504) or Mrs. Randall (Ext 1609).
- HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Friday, 22nd September from 11am – 12-noon.
- Saturday Braai – Residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro.
- Please join us to watch the RWC Quarter Finals: SA vs FRANCE on Sunday, 15 October at 9pm in the Bistro.  Let’s show our support! Snacks and Refreshments will be served.

[cid:image001.png at 01D9FDDF.C4F7F8A0]

Forthcoming Events:
- Rummikub afternoon - join us on Thursday, 26th October at 2pm in the Bistro. Rummikub is a tile-based game for up to 4 players, combining elements of the card game rummy and mahjong. It doesn’t matter that you don’t know how to play. We’ll all learn together. It was a whole lot of fun! ALL welcome. Please put your names down for seating arrangements. Call reception on Ext 1400.
- Halloween Lunch – A special Halloween Menu will be available on Tuesday, 31 October – watch this space for more details.
- A special lunch outing is planned for 10th November at Frans Restaurant in Simonstown. Watch this space for more details

Internal/External Work:
The main work has been completed by the Refurbishment Team. There is still work to be done in some units but these will be undertaken by different contractors.

Rugby World Cup 2023:  A RWC Score Tracker board has been placed on the wall in the Bistro to keep track of who’s doing what and how may points each team has. Please get dressed up in green and gold every Friday to cheer on our Springboks in the World Cup. All residents are invited to watch ALL the rugby matches in the Bistro. EPI have kindly sponsored a few snacks, juice & wine for each SA game played. We will be supporting the Boks leading up to the RWC finals (see dates on poster) GO BOKKE!

Interruption to the Electricity Supply - Please note that we have been advised that there will be an interruption to the Electricity Supply in the area for maintenance by the City of Cape Town on Sunday, 15 October between 6am – 2pm (8 hours). We will most likely not be affected as we have the generator.

The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon will take place on Saturday, 14 & 15 October. Please make a note of road closures if you are travelling in and about town.  https://ewn.co.za/2023/10/11/cape-town-marathon-road-closures

Have a lovely weekend.

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.