[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 06/11/2023 – 12/10/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Nov 3 13:09:13 SAST 2023

        What’s Happening: 06/11/2023 – 12/10/2023

We would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to Georgina Adonis on 7th November.

Activities coming up this week:
* Alidas Fashion will be showing off their new Summer Fashion in the Recreation Lounge on Monday, 6th November from 10am.
* Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 07/11 and 21/11. Cost is R50 per trip and will be added to your levy.
* Aqua-Aerobics will take place on Wednesday, 01 November from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
* Coloring-In Mandalas – Join us for a calm creative afternoon in the Bistro on Tuesday, 7th November at 2pm. Mandalas, Crayons and Koki’s will be supplied but if you have your own, please bring them along. Please book your seat with reception on Ext 1400
* Rummikub will be held in the Bisto on Thursday, 9th November at 2pm in the Bistro.  ALL welcome. Please put your names down for seating arrangements. Call reception on Ext 1400.
* Thursday Tea & Cake on Thursday, for R25.00 at 3pm.
* Lunch outing to Frans in Simonstown - We’re all looking forward to our special on Friday, 10th November. If you haven’t yet booked your spot for lunch, do so soon and indicate whether or not you wish to travel by arranged transport (limited seats). We have arranged a special selection of meals including a drink/dessert for R120.00 or you can order off the menu. Transport cost (R100pp) will be added to your levy account. Please book your spot with Sethu on Ext 1400.  See poster attached.
* Remembrance Day on 11 November 2023, remembering those who gave their lives and those who survived WW1 and WW2 and the veterans who are still with us.
* HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Friday from 11am – 12-noon.
* Saturday Braai – Residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro.  .
* Sunday Roast Lunch – Please book by Friday to enjoy a delicious roast on Sunday.

Forthcoming Events:
* Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 07/11 and 21/11. Cost is R50 per trip and will be added to your levy.
* Bingo Night hosted by Margaret Hull (Ext 1716) on Wednesday, 15th November at 7pm. Entry fee R50 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
* Fellowship Group will meet in the recreation room, Thursday, 16th November at 10h30 contact Mrs. J de Villiers (Ext 1504) or Mrs. Randall (Ext 1609
* Naturally Pampered Therapist will be available for bookings on Tuesday, 21 November in the Sky Lounge – Please put your name down with Sethu on Ext 1400.
* General Knowledge Quizz Night will be held in the Recreation room on Wednesday, 22 November at 6pm. Please put your names down if you would like to attend. Fabulous prizes and a good time to be had for all.
* A Sales Event aimed at interested prospects will be held at the Village in the Recreation Lounge on 29th November between 10am to 12-noon. If you have any friends who are interested in attending this informative morning, please let me know and we will add them onto the invitation list.
* Our Year-End Dinner is planned for Wednesday, 13th December. Please diarise and watch this space for details and menu. It will be lovely to spend an evening celebrating 2023 with everyone before we go our separate ways over the festive season.

Housekeeping:

  *   Our Staff Christmas party will be held on Thursday 14th December and if you are doing a staff gratuity please deliver to the admin office before Friday, 7th December.
  *   The 15th December has been made a public holiday due to our wonderful Springbok Rugby Champions and we are grateful for the extra day in December.

Douglas Murray Home for the Aged – Christmas Gift Drive:  just a friendly reminder to consider our request to give a Christmas gift a senior resident of DMH who might not otherwise receive a present this festive season. At any given time, DMH have between 70 and 80 residents who are frail and need care. They are aged citizens who are from the retreat community who have limited resources and are cared for by volunteers. This home relies on fundraising from donations and contributions to ensure that their elderly have a comfortable space and living environment and are treated with compassion, respect and dignity. A gift box is available at reception for you to drop off any items such as books, colouring books and kokis, board games, snacks, toiletries or clothing you wish to donate by no later than Friday, 8th December.

The victorious Springboks – on the back of another Rugby World Cup triumph – have started their tour of the country's major cities this week and arrived in Cape Town, to parade the Webb Ellis Cup. Thousands of people took to the streets in their Bok gear to see their heroes and cheer them on! Speaking to hundreds of supporters in a sea of green and gold, captain Siya Kolisi thanked South Africans for backing the Boks. They will move on from the CBD to Langa and Bonteheuwel before departing to KwaZulu-Natal early on Saturday morning. Their final leg will be in East London on Sunday.

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.