[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 03/04/2023 – 09/04/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Mar 31 16:40:00 SAST 2023

        Dear Resident,

What’s Happening: 03/04/2023 – 09/04/2023

What’s Cooking
Please see attached daily menu for this week.  Only one daily lunch option is available on Saturdays and the Bistro is open until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.

Activities coming up this week:
Saturday, 1 April – April Fool’s Day
Monday, 3 April – The conversation project series of “Let’s Talk – Part 3”  was rescheduled from last week and will be held in the Recreation Room from 2pm-3.30pm. Our focus will be about having a say in your health care and what matters most to you. ALL Welcome. Coffee/Tea & Biscuits will be served.
Tuesday, 4 April – Tabithas Fashion Pop-Up Shop in the Recreation Lounge from 10.30am – 2pm
Wednesday, 5 April = Dr Guin Lourens will be having a talk about Dodging Dementia at 2pm in the Recreation Lounge. Th talk will focus about Neuro-Cognitive decline & prevention strategies.
Thursday, 6 April – Fellowship Group will meet in the Recreation Lounge at 10am.
Sunday, 9 April – Easter Sunday Roast Lamb Lunch.

Weekly Activities:

  *   Moving Moments - Ani Fiske (Apt 101) is running a morning class focused on strengthening your functional movements every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday mornings at 8.30m.  The morning class takes around 20-minutes and we encourage all residents to try this soothing approach to get moving. There is no cost involved.
  *   Bridge - every Tuesday in the recreation room from 2pm – 4pm call Mrs. Feitelberg (Apt 202) for information Ext: 1602 – ALL Welcome.
  *   Aqua-Aerobics will take place every Wednesday from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
  *   Fellowship Group – meets in the recreation room every alternative week between 10am – 12.30pm. Please contact Jean de Villiers on Ext 1504 for further information. ALL Welcome.
  *   Cake & Tea - Please join us on Thursday for Cake and a cup of Tea/Coffee and chats in the Bistro at 3pm for R25.00 per person.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays 11am – 12-noon.
  *   Saturday Braai – residents gather every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information
  *   Sunday Roast Lunch – all residents are welcome to invite your family for Sunday Lunch hosted by Fedics. Please book early to avoid disappointment.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   Our most enjoyable Bingo Night hosted by Margaret Hull (Ext 1716) each month will take place on Wednesday, 19 April at 7pm. Entry fee R50 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
  *   The conversation project “Let’s Talk – Part 4”  we will be working through an Advanced Care Directive and why it is so important. Our focus will be about what matters most to you. ALL Welcome. Coffee/Tea & Biscuits will be served.
  *   We are lucky to host a Pamper Day at the Village on Tuesday, 25 April in the Sky Lounge from 9am-3pm. Please book your individual appointment for your treatment directly with Ielhaam, the beautician on 0823967573.Pleae see notice board for details and prices.
  *   Please also note that we’ll be having a Village Market Day on Friday, 28 April from 10am – 2pm and we hope that you will all invite your family and friends to join us. More details on stall holders will follow. Please contact Amanda on Ext 1406 should you wish to advertise your crafts/wares or food items.
  *   Our monthly Movie Night will take place on Friday, 31 April

General:

  *   Please note that the Recreation Lounge will be closed on Thursday, 6 April from 2pm for a deep carpet clean carpet clean. Please do not enter or make use of the lounge until the following afternoon.
  *   We have completed the installation of the new carpets. They are very smart and lift Evergreen Diep River, we have already had many compliments on the new-look.
  *   Internal Refurbishment: a refurbishment team has been allocated to be on-site in mid-April to work on internal cracks in resident units that require attention. As soon as we have finalised schedule,  we will inform residents.
  *   Show Units: All units have been done and are on the market for sale. Should you have anyone interested in buying a unit please let us know.
  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on Tuesday 4th April and 18th April. Cost is R40 per trip and will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings by the Monday morning, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.
  *   Refuse Collection: Please assist us and only put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and early on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   Please only put your soft waste out from Saturday and Sunday on a Monday morning to avoid flies and maggots in the bin room.

We are sad to say good-bye to Susan Fourie (Apt 118) who has moved to Trianon and we would like to welcome Colleen San Giorgio to Apt 208.

We trust that you will have a Happy Easter Weekend and wish our Jewish residents, Chag Pesach Sameach. The weather looks warm and sunny -enjoy!

Warm Regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.