[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 06/02/2023 – 12/03/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Mar 3 14:37:18 SAST 2023

        Dear Resident,

What’s Happening: 06/02/2023 – 12/03/2023

Forthcoming events:

  *   03 March - Movie Night – “My Place or Yours”. Two long-distance best friends Debbie (Reese Witherspoon) and Peter Coleman (Ashton Kutcher) change each other's lives when she decides to pursue a lifelong dream and he volunteers to keep an eye on her teenage son. All welcome please book with Margie Lee on Ext 1519 for seating and popcorn count.

  *   09 March - Fellowship Group will meet in the recreation room between 10am – 12h30. Please contact Jean de Villiers on Ext 1504 for further information. ALL Welcome.

  *   10 March – Kind to Hearing will be in the village to assist residents with any issues they have on hearing in the recreation room between 12.30 and 1.30pm
  *   15 March – Bingo Night. R50 pp and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please book your seat with Margaret Hull on Ext 1716.
  *   17 March - Celebrate St Patricks Day Lunch in the Bistro. Watch the notice board for more details.
  *   21 March - Human Rights Day
  *   27 March – The next in our conversation project series of “Let’s Talk” will be held in the Recreation Room at 2pm-3.30pm. Our focus will be about preparing a Living Will and teasing out some questions together. Tea & Biscuits will be served.

Weekly Activities:

  *   Moving Moments - Ani Fiske (Apt 101) is running a morning class focused on strengthening your functional movements every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday mornings at 8.30m.  The morning class takes around 20-minutes  and we encourage all residents to try this soothing approach to get moving. There is no cost involved.
  *   Bridge every Tuesday in the recreation room from 14h00 – 16h00 call Mrs. Feitelberg for information Ext: 1602 – All
  *   Fellowship Group – meets in the recreation room every alternative week between 10am – 12h30. Please contact Jean de Villiers on Ext 1504 for further information. ALL Welcome.
  *   Cake & Tea - Please join us on Thursday for Cake and a cup of Tea/Coffee and chats in the Bistro at 3pm for R25.00 per person.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays 11h00 – 12h00
  *   Saturday Braai – residents gather every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information

Generator
As you are aware, load shedding has increased to Stage 4/5 and 6 which has put our generator into a bit of a spin. We have confirmed that the technicians will come through to do a service but we have only managed to get an available scheduled time for Monday,  6 March. As requested we cannot specify when the generator will switch on before the arranged service as it has a mind of its own. So please be prepared with your cell data, hot water in thermos and emergency lights. Please don’t hesitate to call me on from your cell phone day or night, during power outage, if you require any help. My cell number is 0718576428.

What’s Cooking
Please see daily menu attached.  Please note that Fedics are offering meal Package Options as an incentive to purchase pre-paid meals at a discount price. Meal Package A: 10 Meals @ R550; and Meal Package B: 20 Meals @ R1100.
One daily lunch option is available on Saturdays and the Bistro is open until 3pm.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D94DDD.1F475520]

Herewith the bank account for those who wish to load their Bistro accounts via EFT:

Account Name: FEDICS
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Merriman Square
Account: Current
Account number: 070639361

Please indicate the following as a reference:
Village: Evergreen Diep River
Unit Number: #100
Name and Surname: DEMPERS
(eg: ELVDR#100_DEMPERS)

Proof of Payment to be sent to Hilde Swinnen: hswinnen at tsebo.com<mailto:hswinnen at tsebo.com>

General:

  *   Show Units: Apartment 211 has been completed refurbishment of Unit 317 will commence shortly. There is much interest in the vacant units and so there will be quite a number of visitors coming through our doors over the next few weeks.
  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 21/02 (Constantia Village) and 07/03 ( Blue Route). R40 per trip will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings by a Monday morning, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.
  *   Refuse Collection: Please assist us and only put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and early on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   We ask that you freeze your waste foods in these hot summer months as we find maggots in our bin room if there is food left in the bin room in plastic bags.
  *   We also have a new utility worker,  Clive de Villiers who started with Evergreen Diep River on Wednesday, 01 March. He is available to wash cars or to assist you in lifting, moving or carrying heavy things. Please call reception if you require his services.

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.