[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s Happening: 31/07/2023 – 06/08/2023*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Jul 28 17:19:11 SAST 2023

        What’s Happening: 31/07/2023 – 06/08/2023

Our deadline for the nappy drive is today, if you have any packets of nappies you would like to donate or a cash donation to share costs to buy nappies for the home, please let me have it by no later than Monday morning. This is one way we can make a small contribution to their dignity. Thank you for your generosity.

What’s Cooking:  Please see attached next week’s menu.  There is a daily soup special for our residents during the cold winter months. We have introduced a full day breakfast (not served between 12h00 – 13h00) and last food orders for Bistro must be in before 4pm during the week. There is only one lunch option is available on Saturdays. The Bistro is open until 5pm on weekdays and until 3pm over the weekend and on public holidays.

Activities coming up this week:

  *   “Let’s Talk” – Our Conversation Project on Monday, 31st July will take place in the Recreation Lounge at 2pm. Carol Scrooby from the Soul Carers Network will speak about Spiritual Care and how to hold space for the person who is ill, for their spouses, partners and their families. Soul Care is about caring for the individual spiritual needs of a person, offer companionship or bereavement support.   Soul Carers work alongside family members and close friends, medical and palliative professionals, religious carers and others. All Welcome. Tea and Biscuits will be served.
  *   Aqua-Aerobics will take place on Wednesday, 2 August from 10h30 – 11h30 with instructor Tanya. Please call Ext 1400 to add your name to the list at reception. Classes are R50 per session and can be paid in cash on the day.
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Friday, 4 August from 11am – 12-noon.
  *   On Friday 4 August the monthly movie will be shown in the Recreation Lounge and will feature “Where the Crawdads Sing” – a story about a woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved.
  *   Saturday Braai – Residents get together every Saturday evenings at 6pm.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   We’re celebrating our National Women’s Day with a Brunch which will be held in the Bistro on Wednesday, 9 August – watch out for more details and menu to follow.
  *   Please diarise the Annual General Meeting of Evergreen Lifestyle Village Diep River which will take place on Monday, 14 August in the Recreation Lounge at 11am followed by a sumptuous lunch. The AGM will be preceded by a Wellness Morning – details to follow. Notices will be sent out on Monday, 31 August.
  *   Colour-in Get-Together will take place on Tuesday 15th August – ALL welcome, take some time out from you busy day.
  *   Wine Tasting – we have managed to secure a wine tasting of different estates, more details to follow.
  *   Wol Aan Die Rol – Will visit us again on Monday 21 August.

General:

  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Reception at 09h30 on 08 August, Cost is R40 per trip and will be added to your levy account. If we have no bookings the day before, we will cancel the trip.
  *   Refuse Collection: We appeal to ALL residents to put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and before 8am on Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitized before they are replaced).   Please only put your soft waste from the weekend out on Monday morning before 8am to avoid flies and maggots in the bin room. Please call reception for the utility workers to collect bag from your unit if the bins have already been taken away.
  *   Load Shedding is being ramped up so please note that Stage 4-6 will be applied this weekend.

You will probably have noticed the dining room tables and chairs as well as lounge furniture has been delivered to our village. These have been loaned to us from Evergreen Bergvliet and I have agreed to “store” them whilst their clubhouse is being refurbished. We will have the use of them for a little while and we will use this period to get our village furniture serviced, repaired and upholstery cleaned without inconveniencing the residents. Thank you for your co-operation.

Please keep warm this weekend – its going to be very wet and cold.

Warm Regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.