[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What's Happening: 14/02/2022 – 20/02/2022*

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Fri Feb 11 16:26:40 SAST 2022

        Dear Resident

What's Happening: 14/02/2022 – 20/02/2022

We would like to wish our resident and staff members a very Happy Birthday: Mrs Hastie - 18th February; ENA Faith Dlepu - 19th February 2022; and EN Sharon Adams - 20th February 2022

The Lucky Draw was well received by all residents. The following people were the lucky winners in the inaugural raffle which was drawn at the Braai evening on 29 January: Mona Randall, Pam Day and Kathy Jones. The raffle raised R270 and R110 was paid out to prizes. Rescom collected R160. The next draw will be held on Saturday, 5 March - be sure to buy your raffle tickets at reception

Diep River Bistro – Our meal offering includes a special of the day and Bistro Menu with a selection of breakfast, toasted sandwiches, cake plus hot and cold beverages.  Please be sure to give us a heads up by 4pm the day before if you would like to order the Daily Special in the bistro. The Deli Menu is available 7-days/week from 8am-5pm. Please note that should you wish to enjoy the Deli menu that there will be delays between 12h00 – 13h00 due to pre-ordered daily specials being served for lunch. Payment accepted on pre-paid account, credit or debit card.

MONDAY, 14 FEBRUARY                VALENTINE’S DAY- Barbeque Chicken served with Roasted Potatoes, Pumpkin and Cauliflower Cheese
TUESDAY, 15 FEBRUARY               Lemony Fish Cake and Aioli Sauce, Savoury Rice and Seasonal Vegetables
WEDNESDAY, 16 FEBRUARY         Spaghetti Bolognaise served with an Italian Salad
THURSDAY,17 FEBRUARY             Cornish Pastie and gravy served with Parsley Baby Potatoes and Season Vegetables
FRIDAY,18 FEBRUARY                    Premium R65.00 Crumbed Calamari, Chips and Garden Salad OR Butternut & Feta Frittata served with a Garden Salad
SATURDAY,19 FEBRUARY             Á La Carte Bistro Menu & Resident Braai
SUNDAY, 20 FEBRUARY                 Sunday Roast Lunch served in the Bistro at 12h30 - Mint Pea Soup with Homemade Bread, Roast Beef, Gravy & Horseradish Sauce, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables, Baked Chocolate Pudding and Custard

Special Events this week:

  *   Valentine’s Lunch – Please book early for your Monday 14th February Valentine daily lunch meal (R50.00) - we will be serving Barbeque Roast Chicken pieces, Roast Potato, Pumpkin and Cauliflower Cheese. If you wish to follow this with a little something sweet, order a lovely Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce (R20.00).
  *   Evergreen Health is staging a ‘Wellness Day’ on 15 February from 09h00 – 13h00 in the Recreation Room. There are free screenings for Blood Pressure; Rapid Cholesterol; and Weight BMI. In addition, a well-known dietician, Annaleen Joubert, is scheduled to speak to us about Healthy Eating Guidelines and will do a presentation on the benefits of good habits. We are pleased to announce that our health partners, Hector, Naidoo and Associates (HNA); Kind2Hearing; Optometrist, Telecare; Mel Westcott (Counsellor) and St Luke’s Hospice will have information stands and Evergreen Health will be in attendance for the morning. See you there!
  *   Our very popular monthly Bingo Night will be held on Wednesday, 16 February in the Bistro at 7pm. Tea and Sandwiches are provided. Cost is R40.00 per person. Please book your seat with Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 by Monday 14th February..
  *   Brett Glasby, the Wildlife Management Coordinator from Two Oceans Aquarium will be doing a presentation on Thursday 17 February to tell us about their Turtle Rescue initiative and the Marine Wildlife Management Programme. It will be held in the Recreation Room at 2pm. Please join us for what promises to be a very interesting talk. O
  *
Activities Coming up this week:

  *   Bridge Club, is held in the Recreation Room every Tuesday at 2pm. All welcome.
  *   Chair Exercise Group meets to stretch to music every Wednesday morning at 10am in the Recreation Room.
  *   Cake & Tea Thurs-day - Please join us on Thursday for Koeksisters and a cup of Tea/Coffee in the Bistro at 3pm for only R25.00
  *   The Fellowship Group meets every Thursday at 10am in the Recreation Room Please contact Mrs de Villiers (Ext 1504) or Mrs Randall (Ext 1609) for more details
  *   HNA Active Aging Class connects with residents to exercise in the recreation room on Fridays at 11am
  *   Residents Braai – takes place every on Saturday evening.  Bring your own meat and refreshments and gather in the Bistro. Call Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 for additional information.

Forthcoming Events:

  *   Alida’s Fashions will be setting up their pop-up shop in the Recreation Room on Tuesday, 22 February from 10am – 1pm with new Summer fashions.
  *   Games Night - We are holding our second Games Night in the recreation Room on Wednesday, February 23 at 7pm. Please join us for an evening of Fun & Laughter. The Games session will include Scrabble, Rummikub, Darts, Pool, Carpet Bowls and more. Please RSVP to Reception on Ext 1400 or call Margie Lee (Unit 119) on EXT1519 for further information.
  *   The Monthly Movie to be held in the Recreation Room on Friday, 25 February – My Father’s Violin: After a heart-breaking loss, a girl tries to connect with a distant uncle who shares her passion for music. The story centers around a concert conductor, Mehmet (Engin Altan Düzyatan), and the niece he hardly knows. That’s because he was estranged from his brother, who now has become very ill and his wish is that his brother, Mehmet takes care of his daughter, Özlem.

Housekeeping:

  *   Library – Please ensure that should you return a book to the library that you place it on the table clearly marked. We sanitise all books prior to putting them back on the shelf. Your cooperation is appreciated.
  *   Shopping Transport will meet at Village at 09h15 every Alternate Tuesday. The next trip is planned for 22/02 – [Blue Route] and 08/03  [Constantia Village]). R30 per trip will be added to your levy account. It is important to book your seat with reception on Ext 1400. If we have no bookings by the Monday, we will cancel the trip for Tuesday.
  *   Please note that the hot weather encourages “kreepy kraulies” out from wherever they are. We have treated the bins and installed a spray in each of the bin rooms to try and prevent maggots, flies and cockroaches from breeding in here. Please assist us and only put out your rubbish bins early on a Saturday (bins get emptied and swopped) and on a Monday morning (bins get washed and sanitised before they are replaced in the bin rooms..

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.