[Evergreen Diep River] ELV DR>What’s happening next week: 18/10/2021 – 24/10/2021

Evergreen Diep River evergreendiepriver at lists.zsd.co.za
Sun Oct 17 15:00:06 SAST 2021

        Dear Resident

REFURBISHMENT NEWS

As mentioned last week, we are preparing to undertake major remedial work and painting of the building by Highpoint, the appointed contractor. They will be onsite on Monday, 18th October to set up the team in order to commence work.  Highpoint will be doing the external work only at this time and will focus on the entrance of the building, the bistro and will work their way around this section first. They will also be fixing the two outside patios on the second and third floor.  This section of the work should be completed before the festive break on Wednesday, 15th December. The team will return in the new year to continue working until all the external remedial cracks and painting has been completed. They will be onsite for some time. There will be a lot of noise and dust. We ask for your patience whilst we get on with this much awaited refurbishment.

HEALTHCARE
Nurse Sharon Adams Has taken leave from 15 October - Monday, 15 November and Sister Lorraine Powell, who currently works at ELV Muizenberg will stand in for her until she returns. In addition, ENA Faith Dlepu will be on leave from 13th October to 30th October and ENA Tatenda Muriranyama will fill her position on night duty until her returns. ENA Tatenda will then go on leave. We’ll keep you up to date. I know that you will be in good hands.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to George Brown who celebrates hi birthday on 19th October.

BISTRO

Diep River Bistro – Our Lunch offering includes a special of the day, a selection of breakfast, toasted sandwiches, cake plus hot and cold beverages. Please be sure to give us a heads up by 4pm the day before if you would like to order the Daily Special in the bistro. Please note that no Cash Payments will be accepted. Please pay on pre-paid account, credit or debit card.

MONDAY, 18 October                       Pasta Alfredo and Seasonal Vegetables
TUESDAY, 19 October                      Beef Stroganoff with Basmati Rice and Sauteed Green Beans
WEDNESDAY, 20 October                Cheese Burger served with Homemade Chips
THURSDAY, 21 October                   Bacon, Blue Cheese & Red Onion Phyllo Tart with Sweet Potato Wedges & Green Salad
FRIDAY, 22 October                          Fried/Grilled Hake served with Lemon, Tartar Sauce, Chips and Garden Salad OR Honey & Soy Pork Stir Fry served  on Egg Noodles

Coming up this week:

  *   Tuesday, 19 October – Alida’s Fashion pop up shop will be et up in the recreation Room from 10am.  Bridge Club, hosted by John Taylor, will be held in the Recreation Room every Tuesday at 2:00pm. All welcome.
  *   Wednesday, 20 October – Bingo Night will be held at 7pm in the Bistro. Only 16 players can be accommodated. All welcome! For additional information, please contact Margaret Hull on Ext 1716 to reserve your place. Light refreshments will be served.
  *   Thursday, 21 October – Fellowship meeting will take place in the recreation room from 10.30am – 11.30am every Thursday until further notice.
  *   Friday, 22 October - HNA Active Aging Class - Calling all residents who wish to keep active by learning how to keep fit gently without undue strain on the body. For additional information or to book your place as space is limited, please contact Amanda George on Ext 1401.
  *   Saturday, 23 October – Resident Braai will be held in the Bistro. If you have any queries please call Margaret Lee on Ext 1519.
  *   Sunday, 24 October – Sunday Lunch will be held in the Bistro from 12h30. Please book lunch with WPC in the Bistro on Ext 1404

Forthcoming Events:

  *   We are arranging a trip to Babelonstoren on Monday, 25 October - The garden comprises 15 clusters spanning vegetable areas, stone and pome fruits, nuts, citrus, berries, bees, herbs, ducks and chickens, a prickly pear maze, and more. There is a loley garden restaurant and promises to be a lovely outing. In order to gauge interest and to confirm transport and costs,  we would request that you put you r name down on our list. There will be an entrance fee of R20 and the transport fee will depend on whether we get a Kombi or a bigger bus. Lunch would be for your account. Click this link to learn more about the gardens we will be visiting. www. https://babylonstoren.com/
  *   Movie Night – Friday, 29 October we will be showing the second instalment of Penguin Town at 6pm in the recreation room. Bring your own refreshments
  *   Tabitha’ Fashion – A pop up shop will set up in the recreation room at 10am on Tuesday, 26th October.
  *   Halloween Sunday Lunch will be held in the Bistro on 31 October at 12h30.

Housekeeping:

  *   Library – Please ensure that should you return a book to the library that you place it on the table clearly marked. We sanitise all books prior to putting them back on the shelf. Your cooperation is appreciated.
  *   Netflix is operational. Our next movie night will be held 29th October.

  *   COVID-19 -  Infections continue to rise in the Cape Town metropole and the Western Cape. There are currently 11462 cases in the Western Cape, which has nearly doubled in just ONE week. Now more than ever we have to look out for each other and protect our village community. Please see separate circular distributed.

PLEASE ABIDE BY COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS/ NO MASK NO ENTRY/MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE

Be safe, Be careful. Keep Warm.
Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.