[Evergreen Broadacres] FW: Health Matters - COVID19 Precautions/Preventative Measure

Evergreen Broadacres evergreenbroadacres at lists.zsd.co.za
Mon Mar 9 12:01:23 SAST 2020

Dear Resident

Evergreen Lifestyle Village Broad Acres considers it a top priority to ensure the well-being of our residents and staff as we know many lives globally have been impacted and disrupted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Like many of you, Evergreen is monitoring closely the reports and recommendations from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are relying on their scientifically grounded expertise - in combination with other reliable sources - to make informed decisions about minimizing the exposure to COVID-19.

We are encouraging our residents to review and follow the recommendations of the CDC for everyday precautions that help reduce the spread of the virus. We are asking that anyone who has recently travelled abroad to any of the areas currently listed by the CDC as level 2 or 3, to self-quarantine for 14 days, contact a medical professional, and follow the medical professional's instructions.

Symptoms include fever and dry cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, chills, rapid heartbeat and some patients experienced difficulty in breathing and bilateral infiltrates on chest x rays. In severe cases patients can develop pneumonia, acute respiratory syndrome and kidney failure which can cause death.

The primary path of infection is from an infected persons' breathing, or a cough or sneeze. The virus could also be transmitted through urine and faecal excretions and remain active on touched surfaces for a few hours. Some people have presented with diarrhoea and nausea symptoms one or two days prior to developing a fever and breathing difficulties a day or two later.

Self-Care methods - We recommend practicing caution and preparedness in these ways:
Ø   Washing your hands very well regularly with warm water and soap and/or using a hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
Ø   Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing or use your sleeve - not your hands. Avoid touching your face, especially the mouth, nose and eyes area to prevent infection through the body areas that can carry the virus into the blood stream.

Ø   Maintain a healthy lifestyle, get plenty rest, fresh air, sunlight. Take Vitamen C  and immune boosting supplements to build up the immune system, especially with winter fast approaching.

Ø   If you suspect that you may have contracted Corona Virus please immediately make an appointment with your doctor for a consultation.

If you require any additional information, pleae do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

	Authority to Contract
No agreement binding the company will come into effect unless reduced to writing and signed by a duly authorised director of the company.

Confidentiality Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this communication in error, you are hereby strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail or any of the attachments or parts thereof, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete the erroneous communication. Neither Amdec, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated-, controlling- and/or holding companies and insurers, past and present, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever suffered or incurred, arising from this email and/or from the accessing of any attachments, including but not necessarily limited to loss or damage/s caused by any type of malicious software.